Sonic Electronix

i would go with the SMD's if i was u i run the crossfires and there the same subs and i beat the sh*t out of them. i have ran the Orion HCCA 15's and have SMOKED them on 3krms daily and they stink like ass and getting recone parts for them is like pulling teeth there always on back order and out like 2 or 3 months every time we call just my 2 cents from someone that has ran 2 out of the 3 u asked about

I'm going to say this once...and once only.

They are not the same subs. They are not intended for the same purpose, they never have been and NEVER will be.

The crossfire woofer is an SPL only burp/fart/whatever machine and is NOT made for music.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

I'm going to say this once...and once only.

They are not the same subs. They are not intended for the same purpose, they never have been and NEVER will be.

The crossfire woofer is an SPL only burp/fart/whatever machine and is NOT made for music.

actually youve said it about 10 times already.

:drinks:

:)

and they still don't get it.

:facepalm:

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

:)

and they still don't get it.

:facepalm:

... but they look the same

two things that look the same HAVE to be the same. everyone knows that. duh

you act like you built the things

hahah jk

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

considering the fact that he could have a Lincoln Town Car or similar vehicle that he wants to seal off the trunk i could see if very possible to get proper airspace...also since when does anyone ever get a PERFECT enclosure. thats like saying your 10k rated amp will put out 10k watts at 14 volts because your stinger voltage meter says 14 volts...some people want bigger boxes or smaller boxes for different sound and it is possible and realistic. if hes truly looking for 4k watts to power a sub then hes willing to do some work to his car

This is very true. I have a 91 Lincoln Town Car and it has trunk space for days. I am planning on throwing a SMD 18 in there in the very near future as well :drinks:

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

You do realize that DD subs are built to be SQ oriented right? I know this because i have talked to several DD reps. So saying they arent made for music is total Bullshit

thats what reps get paid to do -sell products.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

I can fit two 15s easily in a 2008 Cobalt with more than enough air space... So to everyone thinking fitting two 15s in a trunk car is hard its really not to difficult.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Sorry chode, but if i don't know what trunk it is i always suggest 2 12's, because i have never seen a trunk in real life that can house 2 15's in the perfect enclosure. :peepwall:

This isn't real misinformation, it's just a suggestion, he chooses if he listens to me or not. :):drinks:

(i think it's less fail then saying he needs 2 18's in his trunk...) :peepwall:

Picture006.jpg

Picture002.jpg

2025.jpg

2024.jpg

I did gain a tenth by removing the head rest and laying the seat back as far as I could. Playing with the visor never did anything. Never tried the glove box. The only bracing that seems to help is holding the trunk.

Now you have

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived