SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

You have some great craftsmanship then since its not cnc'd. To reply to multiples in the bottom right corner of each reply there is a multi iqoute button just click that on each reaply you want to reply to then scroll to the bottom and click add reply, the next page where you type the reply will have all of them in it.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Random question...can someone tell me how to reply to multiple posts in one reply.

click the multi quote button on each quote you want and then hit add reply add reply when your done.

and we need vids!

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

The build is coming along great!

Can't wait to see more pics. :drinks:

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Random question...can someone tell me how to reply to multiple posts in one reply.

Click the multi-quote as you go along and see posts you wan't to respond to. When you get to the bottom click use full editor and they will all appear.

if Im not mistaken the wiring on the warhorsehas "in" and "out" right

Push/pull yea

Your basically having one sub running on one channel of the amp right? One sub wired in series will present a 2 ohm load on one channel. Thats kinda what i'm doing with my 4 channel.

No... You have to have isolated coils on each channel (you can't run parallel). It would be like you running 2 DVC's with one on each channel.

At least that is my understanding...

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

if Im not mistaken the wiring on the warhorse

has "in" and "out" right

Not quite. it not a push pull system. You almost have to think of it as a 2 channel amplifier with 2 sets of outputs. Each output powers a separate voice coil. So when you are wiring the subs to the amp you have to look at each voice coil separately. The amp is mounted under plexi right now so i cant get a good pic of what i am describing but I will try and draw something out to show what I am talking about.

Nice box! although to me looks about big enough for 15s.. Even though the 18s will run I still prefer them in 6.5cubes after displacements.. Even with the power you have they will be laughing.

Thanks.....I was thinking the same thing about airspace but after talking to Scott at Ascendant about these subs and the power I am giving them this was his recommendation for the box. It is 12.81cuft before displacements and about 4.98 per driver after, tuned to about 34hz.

You have some great craftsmanship then since its not cnc'd. To reply to multiples in the bottom right corner of each reply there is a multi iqoute button just click that on each reaply you want to reply to then scroll to the bottom and click add reply, the next page where you type the reply will have all of them in it.

Thanks alot!! I have about 17 hours into the cutting/assembly of it so far, with more to come. Once the subs get here and I can test the box, if I am happy with how everything sounds the real build will start. The truck is getting stripped inside for Second Skin and wiring, and while the box is out of the truck I plan on glassing the corners of the box.

That box is sexy.. seems like I've seen bracing similar to that before. hmmm

You have seen it on here before. I got the idea from teamSPBs 4 SMD build seen here on pg 3 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83854-walled-4-smd-18s-25kwrms-teamspb-project-dfn-u-termlab-scores-last-page/page__st__40

I just jizzed in my pants lol, sexy box dude.

I might do that when these subs show up. I told my dealer that I will probably sit outside of his shop in a lawn chair with a case of beer waiting for the UPS truck to show up.

On a different note, I just got a steal of a deal or what i think is a deal on a 3Sixty.2. What difference can I expect using this unit to tune everything?

Archived