SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

now it is so the port is over my center console, i have done every box you can imagine tho, actual wall, under the window line, single sub, sub forward port back, everything up, subs up port forward, and everything in between

Gotcha I think I am going to build a box that I can try both ways everything up and forward.

I feel you on the boxes. I threw away a construction dumpster full of boxes this spring.

I would have a box that is about 12.5-13.25 after all displacement becuase of the power you have those subs do fine in "regular" sized enclosure with the "rms" power its when you get into higher power that the box needs to be smaller and have a good size port about 15.5-17 sq inch of port per cube

with pick ups sub and port up is usually best for daily i like port in the middle

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

if anything i would do a port in the middle one, it acts as its own bracing somewhat and its more usable, i have the 3 piece rear window (not sure if you do) and that rattles very bad when everything is up, when everything is forward there is no rattle and it sounds better i think..just my opinion tho

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

a lot depends what your going for, personaly i do port on pass side for music and driver side for spl, and as far as spl depends where your metering dash kick headrest ect either way id build a box sub up port up and see how that dose with a box like that you should be able to try 4 ways with it ( subs up port on drive flip it and get subs up port on pass same for forward firing )

here is an f150 I did back in 03 dude could hit 150.3 at 39hz legal

ford150.jpg

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

a lot depends what your going for, personaly i do port on pass side for music and driver side for spl, and as far as spl depends where your metering dash kick headrest ect either way id build a box sub up port up and see how that dose with a box like that you should be able to try 4 ways with it ( subs up port on drive flip it and get subs up port on pass same for forward firing )

I really appreciate all of the help guys! It looks like I will be building 1 box. and testing 4 possible configurations.

1) subs up port up driver side

2) subs up port up passenger side

3) subs forward port forward driver side

4 subs forward port forward passenger side

Once I recover from this part of the build I will get onto building this next box and post pictures and all results as I go.

Only thing left is I need help understanding how to setup my O Scope to set my gains. I have an HPS10

I really appreciate all of the help guys! It looks like I will be building 1 box. and testing 4 possible configurations.

1) subs up port up driver side

2) subs up port up passenger side

3) subs forward port forward driver side

4 subs forward port forward passenger side

Once I recover from this part of the build I will get onto building this next box and post pictures and all results as I go.

Only thing left is I need help understanding how to setup my O Scope to set my gains. I have an HPS10

no port in middle?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Archived