SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

after what you said about Ed not knowing what he was talking about, you have lost ALL respect from me, and IMO your opinion is not valid.

also, the TL doesnt lie.

CJ18: PM coming your way.

EDIT:

Telling Ed Lester he dont know what he is doing or talking about, is like telling jordan he cant play ball.

:popcorn:

Kinda like Shaq..

25 years in the game..

Still can't shoot a free throw.

:drinks:

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

I did over a 150 on music with 3300'ish a sub in 10 cubes tuned at 33hz (12x12x19 or 20 I forget now). Problem is I have a Trailblazer so I can't make any suggestions as far as how the box should fire. The only thing I can say is that the lower I tune (closer the box gets to the gate) the louder it gets. Obviously it has to do with the box, port location, vehicle, etc. but in my testing (my box my truck) between 26-33 peak it's been the loudest at 28 (using box location to change the tuning). My box is changing in the coming month(s) and I'm going bigger (2+ cubes) so we will see how that does, but I honestly don't think I'll see much past a 52.

As far as efficiency goes I did a 47 on music peaking at 28hz Meca style on under 2kw total with one XXX 4k at 2 ohms 12v-13.5v (forget which) :pardon:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Looking through the build thread quickly, but not had the chance to read all the replies etc...it seems like (to me) a major problem could be the air flow around the box...check out the build for my 4 SMD's here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83854-walled-4-smd-18s-25kwrms-teamspb-project-dfn-u-termlab-scores-last-page/

But as I was saying about air flow..my braces were very similar to yours...but then I decided to trim them down to aid air flow...

They went from this

DSC05867.jpg

DSC05893.jpg

To these

DSC06036.jpg

DSC06032.jpg

You can gather from these pics im not restricting air flow much at all

DSC06044.jpg

DSC06041.jpg

I would also consider firing upwards to as I have ALWAYS had better results firing upwards compared to a box firing fowards towards the cabin which is unsealed

teamSPB

Just want to throw this idea that I am playing with out there for yall to talk about. I am considering getting a pair of LVL 5s to do a drop in comparison between the two subs.

Get a pair of mayhems too while you are at it to compare apples :) lol

:yahoo:

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Get a pair of mayhems too while you are at it to compare apples :) lol

:yahoo:

xls would be more apples to apples with mayhems IMO.

And yes bitld I couldve pmd you but this seemed easier.

As for shaq..... Who cares if he can shoot free throws. He's a dunker who dunks on Dunkers.

Just saying.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer