PONCE2006 Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 im oscar and im a draftsman and a 3d designer in Midland,Texas
Toady Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 Im Chris, Currently Jobless for a couple more weeks but im, At A Automotive school Studying everything from Engine Performance/Suspension/Electrical/Paint/Body/etc.
G_skillz81 Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 good stuff I'm Greg and I'm Head of Debt Finance for a fairly large Russian Bank... I was the guy selling bonds and various other instruments to institutional investors worldwide a few years ago, but since the whole financial crisis thing hit, well.... it's much slower now . That's why I got into car audio a little deeper than just a hobby and now I'm that guy you go to when you need high quality gear. 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/ Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10" Shok-wiring & RCA's XS Power D6500 Mechman 320A Sundown Audio Russia http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81
UnderLoK Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 That's what I hope to do one day. My name is Roland and I'm 23. As of now, I'm jobless and broke as crap. It's getting to the point where I'm going to start doing volunteer work to get my foot in the door at the local hospital and try to eventually work my way to a network/computer tech position. Having to travel for free work when I have no money is absolutely killing me. Shit like this makes me think it will be years before I see another stereo in one of my vehicles. I was just out of work for 6 months +/-. When you do get working do yourself a favor and skip the system. Bank as much as you can first and if you can't pay cash, don't do it. When I was laid off I didn't have to worry about a thing and having that peace of mind is worth far more than a loud system. I started in IT when I was 19 on a help desk. 6 months after that I was doing network roll outs (new servers, workstations, switches, etc) and built up from there. If you don't have a degree you better live, eat, and breath computers because if you don't you will wind up with crappy jobs and never break 40k. I see it all the time... You literally have to know it all, but I think it's harder to find work now because of Google and the like. They make crappy admins seem like good admins. We used to have to KNOW how to do stuff. Now days I see admins Google everything... There are so many guys out there that would be 100% worthless if they didn't have internet access and it's ridiculous. You used to go in for an interview and get grilled on technical stuff for what seemed like hours, no longer... Don't be one of those guys, get computerS, setup crazy stuff at home, and spend your time learning. I was just hired by a friend of mine. I'll keep it short, but basically we were best friends until junior high school, parted ways, and he has been running his own IT company for over 10 years. We never knew we were both in IT all of these years and I just ran into him over the summer... Crazy how things work out. If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
michigancapri92 Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 I went there right out of hs. I live right down the street from hfcc. I know one guy that works at roush too. whats his name ?? does he work AM/PM ?? i five right by HFCC Also would love to get a demo of your car !!! Teamcapri.comThe TeamCapri 1992 Mercury Capri XR22012 FORD EDGE SQ BUILDOld build logMy FeedBack1992 Mercury capri XR2 Hyper LED
bobonit Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 I was just out of work for 6 months +/-. When you do get working do yourself a favor and skip the system. Bank as much as you can first and if you can't pay cash, don't do it. When I was laid off I didn't have to worry about a thing and having that peace of mind is worth far more than a loud system. I started in IT when I was 19 on a help desk. 6 months after that I was doing network roll outs (new servers, workstations, switches, etc) and built up from there. If you don't have a degree you better live, eat, and breath computers because if you don't you will wind up with crappy jobs and never break 40k. I see it all the time... You literally have to know it all, but I think it's harder to find work now because of Google and the like. They make crappy admins seem like good admins. We used to have to KNOW how to do stuff. Now days I see admins Google everything... There are so many guys out there that would be 100% worthless if they didn't have internet access and it's ridiculous. You used to go in for an interview and get grilled on technical stuff for what seemed like hours, no longer... Don't be one of those guys, get computerS, setup crazy stuff at home, and spend your time learning. I was just hired by a friend of mine. I'll keep it short, but basically we were best friends until junior high school, parted ways, and he has been running his own IT company for over 10 years. We never knew we were both in IT all of these years and I just ran into him over the summer... Crazy how things work out. I know exactly what you mean by "you used to have to know stuff". I've worked with so many "paper" CNE's, MCSE's, etc... that I wouldn't let work on my daughters pc. Bunch of fuck ups. You gotta know computers inside and out, build your own, don't wimp out and buy a dell, that kind of stuff. The IT shop I used to work in, we did it all including punching down our own premise wiring so we made sure it got done right. This past 2 years I've been at a place where all they care about is how many certs you have. Since they were paying I got my MCSE and MCITP/EA, looks good on a resume but thats about it. Good luck working with your friend, thats awesome. 97 Maxima SE Bunch of shit going in, check out the build Build Log
huh?do-what? Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 Robert. I install car audio, video and security/remote starts. God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.
lexus864 Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 <<<sandwich artist... CDA-9831 ALPINE COMPONENTS ORION 400.2 Rockford t40001bd 2 Fi Btl 18's ford Explorer
mason313 Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 whats his name ?? does he work AM/PM ?? i five right by HFCC Also would love to get a demo of your car !!! his name is charles I'm not sure what shift ihavent talked to him in a while. When I get it installed you can get a demo 2 18" fi btls 2 sprinter batts 165ah 1 cresenscdo 3k 1 mechman 270a 1 kinetik 2000 under hood
knowledge Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 im a secret spy. REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.