Any still buy US vehicles?

I've had good luck both foreign and domestic overall.

Currently have a 96' Jeep Cherokee with 181k miles -- engine runs fantastic. Recently had to replace a few sensors as it wouldn't start but was under $200 in parts. Otherwise has been very reliable.

Also have an 07' Dodge Caliber SE with 71k miles -- has never been in for service of any kind. I've changed the oil, spark plugs, and air filter.

My 90' CRX has over 250k miles on the original engine and transmission -- besides burning some oil it's extremely reliable. Add some oil here and there and it runs quite strong.

Have also had several other Hondas with no issues... had two BMWs with no problems except when a shop put power steering fluid rather than ATF in the power steering system and killed the power steering system. Also had an 06' VW GTI that only needed one sensor in the time I had it.

Only car I've owned that had SERIOUS problems was a 95' Firebird -- small wiring harness on the steering column loosened up over the years and would shut the car completely off without warning at random intervals. That was pretty dangerous driving up a mountain with big trucks behind me. Also had a sensor go out in the wheel hub... which was a $600 part with a discount while I was working at the dealership... that allowed my car to "undo" my braking for a second or so and push me out a couple extra feet into traffic at random intervals. That car made it to 150k miles until chronic cooling system problems broke a few of the head bolts (damn that orange coolant) and we decided it was no longer worth fixing. Had to replace thermostats constantly as well.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Had American cars ever since I got my license. Started with a neon, and had three camaros, never really had a huge issue with any and plan on sticking with them. My parents also have had American cars there whole life and never had huge issues. Foreign cars have there issues as well as American, but it depends on the maintenance done and really if the vehicle is a lemon or not. I also plan on getting another f-body after I'm done with the one I have now since I know about them and the engines are amazingly built and reliable.

Had American cars ever since I got my license. Started with a neon, and had three camaros, never really had a huge issue with any and plan on sticking with them. My parents also have had American cars there whole life and never had huge issues. Foreign cars have there issues as well as American, but it depends on the maintenance done and really if the vehicle is a lemon or not. I also plan on getting another f-body after I'm done with the one I have now since I know about them and the engines are amazingly built and reliable.

We are so alike. I plan on getting a iroc next. My friend with the civic is in the process of swapping over a 5.3 to a 240s14

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

american cars are junk :( I have bought American my whole life and now I'll ne buying foreign because quality is in the crapper

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I've owned 1 domestic car a 01 ford expedition and it was a nightmare, it.. if I didn't have the full coverage warranty on it I would have been screwed, it was literally in the shop once a month. I now own a 04 altima the one in my avatar and couldn't be happier, however i must say the new mustangs and taurus sho are badass!

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5

20 Inch Lexani Wheels / Tires

(2) Re SR 15s

US AMPS AX600DE

Audison SRX-4

Herts ECX 165 front

Polk momo 6x9s rear

Pioneer AVH-3200 DVD

I like a broad spectrum of cars... but one thing I won't touch is a ford...

:drinks:

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

I have a 2000 f150 and only real problems ive had with it are various gasket replacements, a heater core, and a broken exhaust manifold stud. Other than that, basic tune ups, oil changes and steering and suspension components which are typical at the milage (190k). Im getting ready to do some body work due to some rocker panel rust (drive a lot in the winter) but still a damn good truck. At the shop i work at, all the techs like american cause the jobs pay good, but personally, i think foreign cars are made terribly, which is why they are so cheap to repair. But then again, thats my opinion and not docking on any foreign company....except for the prius's and there problems :P

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

I've owned a 1988 Buick Park Ave, ran than that thing hard and never really even maintained it and it still ran tough, biggest issue was having to replace the tranny...then I got a 91 Caprice Classic and same type of thing, 171k when I bought it lasted 6-7 months then I crashed it on the freeway...now I drive a 99 Cadillac STS, I love this car, has issues but still runs great...don't have the money but I have been looking into 2005/6 Dodge Magnums, I want something that I can have the bass inside the cabin but not an SUV...Like others the new Stangs and Taurus SHO's look nice but I won't touch a Ford

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

We are so alike. I plan on getting a iroc next. My friend with the civic is in the process of swapping over a 5.3 to a 240s14

i had a buddy who swapped a LS3 into a mazda miata ... :good:

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I have a 2000 f150 and only real problems ive had with it are various gasket replacements

When the last time you resurfaced your heads? If all your doing is replacing the gasket then that is your problem.

On a side note, I love american cars for their looks and engines but the interior is usually decent at best.

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

Archived