Second Skin Audio

did i just fry my magnet?

rasic

haha yeah i just bought that amp too. alright well looks like im going to get it reconed, thanks for the help guys, if i didnt post anything bout this i would of really fucked shit up.

system:

changes way to much...

So the coil shorting against it self im sure isnt good, and yea that coil looks toasty, but it still works, then what has happened..? why does it still work? or is it gonna just short and blow fuses...

ive had/seen a speaker still working but when we pulled the coil out, half of it was a slinky. as long as it can still create a magnetic field and is attached to the former, it can play.

the damage is usually worse on the bottom of the coil. push the sub up so you can see as much of the coil as possible.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

subs toasted...eventually its gonna fail all together and sieze up and be harder to recone...and you can potentially fuck up your amp...do yourself a favor..get yourself a recone and fix it...dont run it til then...also the reason your magnet was hot is becasuse the heat off the coil decipates to the surrounding air and being the coil sits in the magnet the magnet absorbs some of that heat..plus if you were smoking the coils it had to be getting pretty hot just by that

ok, yea smoke is never a good thing and means something is burning, and its not like its a reversable process. its just wierd it still plays. he prolly stopped it just before they completely let go. But def dont play it, slinky-ing the coil could scratch up things inside or just completely sieze it up. Just kinda wierd that it still play for now :P note to self when sending double the rms to a woofer, be careful. usually its cool for a burp or maybe a demo, but daily double the rms is askin for fail

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

'looks normal'

Heh. That made me smile. As has been said a ton of times already, that's crispy-fried-toasty-well-done-char-grilled.

And no, you can't fry a magnet. As the guy above said if you heat neo mags up a lot they lose some strength but the Icon sure as hell isn't a neo motor.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

remember, the gain is not your volume. lol

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

usually its cool for a burp or maybe a demo, but daily double the rms is askin for fail

well depends how long YOUR demos are...i dunno about you but when i give a demo i generally give a DEMO...

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Archived