Jump to content

Legal issue with my dog being attacked.


Recommended Posts

Posted

yeah this is REALLY mixed. legally my dog was in their yard and so was I so I don't have a case in that sense BUT it was their dog who put the whole in the fence allowing my dog a direct route into their yard. I'm just worried about my dog at this exact moment since he's still in surgery. Dr said he SHOULD be okay though

I bought a disposable camera for the other photos but this is a quick one I took with my phone of MY side of the fence. as you can see there is zero dirt on my side and the broken picket. the 2nd picture is what my clothes look like. I wish i took a picture of my hoodie. I took it off when I got in the car to take him to the animal hospital. this blood is only from the car ride. it may not look like much blood but keep in mind my dog only weighs 10 pounds!

securedownload.jpg

me.jpg

edit: here is their side of the fence

securedownload1.jpg

Posted

Regardless of who's side you were on you were attacked since you were trying to save your own dogs life and the owner is in deep shit as a result of you also being attacked by the dog, there are plenty of cases where homeowners have been sued from people being attacked on their own property from dogs. Get the police involved and make sure they document everything along with photo's and visually inspecting everything and making a report for you to pick-up at a later time.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

All I can say is that you should talk to a lawyer and see what they would say, to me it sounds like you have a good case.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Posted

Breaking up a dog fight is dangerous.

Of course you had to do it but in the attacking dog doesnt see right or wrong when its engaged in a fight, which is why it went after you.

Sooo in this case you may be fucked for the fact that it was natural how the dog acted.

HOWEVER the tricky part is about the hole under the fence.

Sorry this happened to you.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

All I can say is that you should talk to a lawyer and see what they would say, to me it sounds like you have a good case.

what kinda sideways lawyers are you dealing with? about the best he could probably get is a settlement in the amount to fix the fence from the damage caused by the neighbors dog. any lawyer with half a head on his shoulders would say that the best he could do, as far as the dog getting hurt and him getting bit, is to leave it alone before the neighbors decide to charge him with trespass.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

I did talk to a lawyer and he said "burglers have been able to sue home owners for being attacked while robbing their house so you could easily have a case if you wanted to pursue since you were trying to save your dogs life"

was I supposed to sit there and watch my dog be killed because it would be trespassing otherwise?

Posted

well, I cannot recall the exact case, but there was a case where a guy broke into someones house and got hurt in their house and pressed charges on them and won. I'm just saying that even though you may know the law system, lawyers know how to manipulate it to your benefit.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Posted

What are you smoking? There are lots of lawyers that would look into this case, he has a very good case.

yeah... he jumped someones fence and got hurt on their property, after he jumped their fence. what part of him jumping over his neighbors fence is it that is slipping past you guys.......

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

well, I cannot recall the exact case, but there was a case where a guy broke into someones house and got hurt in their house and pressed charges on them and won. I'm just saying that even though you may know the law system, lawyers know how to manipulate it to your benefit.

and those lawyers are a disgrace to the legal system.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4825 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...