Sonic Electronix

What's a good deadener to put in the trunk?

I don't want my trunk to vibrate obnoxiously loud so what's some good deadener to use to help that and how many sheets should I buy?

I used Fatmat works well and 129.00 Shipped for 100sq ft that would be plenty for your trunk and interior.

Edited by Hotdog

why half ass it?

if youre going to do work in the trunk i would definitely recommend fatmat. great product, cheap, and 100sq ft is way more than enough for your trunk. secondskin is top notch if you have the money. if not, and your equipment is not the normal run of the mill 12" subs and 1000watts rattletrap is incredible.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I say get some fatmat put couple layers down keep that bass inside ftw :D

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Use fat mat, or even peal n seal is fine. if you have alot of rattle, expanding foam ie:. great stuff to fill in the empty voids in the trunk lid works amazing as well.

Peal n seal and Great stuff worked like crazy for me. Solid as a rock in my trunk for almost 2 years now through 2 summers, one winter.

Only reason i say all this is because some ppl say fatmat tends to sag alot especially during the summer it starts to peal off.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Alright cool guys. I am going to check out Fat Mat and Peal N Seal. Probably end up getting fat mat. Thanks guys.

why not give audio wrap i try i even heard there given out a free roll to try to get there name out there,plus are plenty of review on them comparing them to second skin

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

for a trunk that has alot of holes in between n most due,take out that fabric on the trunk door and foam that bitch up!!! works wayyy better then any paper imo. and all the parts with no holes, then use a deadener