Second Skin Audio

Need Help on what 10" subs to get and amps

JORDEN_23

And for my rebuild I was stuck for months on deciding whether I should get the 15 RE XXX, JL 13.5 W7, or the 15 Fi Q. It took a while to get to these three choices. Eventually I looked at the specs and factored in my car. At the time I only had one battery and stock alternator. So that ruled out the RE XXX. Then The 3 ohm impedance of the JL. That just seemed confusing at the time and just seemed like I would have to pay too much for an amp to put out 1200 RMS at 3 ohm. Process of elimination produced the Fi Q. The Q is loud, just like the other three subs, and sounds just as good (Atleast to me), and it was the cheapest! Which means better quality amp :)

their amp does 1000rms at 3ohms , thats what they build their subwoofers around

Good friend of mine had a 13w7 in a box that was WAY to big for it, and I was really impressed. For the price I could've had one for I almost ran it, especially since I have a box built for one just sitting in my room (been there for 2.5 years). But I am really impressed with jl's amps and subs. Plus their resale value is always high since everyone wants a jl. They are a good subwoofer and if you can afford it then why not get them.

And that is one awesome looking mid

I know their 1000 amp does 1000 at 3 ohms, just like the new rockfords do the CP but they want a dollar per watt. Way too much money. And I heard they are current hungry bastards

a dollar a watt isnt way to much money for a quality product. we just live in an era where that race to zero has everyone thinking 1000watts is 1000watts

all im hearing is your to broke for quality so you look for something cheap to the wallet

I am 21 years old. Can't really put a price on experience. I have been around long enough to know that when presented with a choice between 2 products that need to provide the same service (provide power at 1200 RMS) would you rather pay $600, or $1000, of YOUR earned money, for the same product. JL and Rockford are both great companies and either amp will work fine (mechanically) as long as you stick to recommended specs, no?

Google it

no im saying that im spending more money on a better product

your hearing that im paying more so i think its worth more.

id take my audison 1.1k over a JL or RF amp all day every day

its less then a JL at 949 to the JL's 1099 retail values....

you fail to realize an amp isnt just about watts that are outputted

I'll just ignore all the offtopic...

Don't forget if u want to have more then 2000w you certainly have to upgrade the electrical. :)

What are you're goals?

Do you wanna get loud? Just sound good whilst sacrificing loudness?

Or sounding good and be quite loud?

3000 dollars will go up quite fast, if u need a HU,door speakers, amplifier, subwoofer amp, subwoofer(s), wiring, the supplies to build a box.(maybe a alternator + batts.)

Are you familiar with box building because u can use great woofers and make them sound like crap.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived