Sonic Electronix

Bubble wrap for sound deadener?

just save up for some ssa....

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

i did this in a 97 astro actually, it worked very well, good luck, and let all these haters know how great it worked!

listen to this man. he knows what he's talking about

i put bubble wrap on the inside and outside of my truck and with it sealed up it was as if the stereo wasn't even on.

I used newspapers as my first deadener. It worked a little but everysunday I'd have to take it all out because my dad wanted to read the Sunday paper................

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

I used newspapers as my first deadener. It worked a little but everysunday I'd have to take it all out because my dad wanted to read the Sunday paper................

LMFAO!!!! U made day bro

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

/thread

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i did this in a 97 astro actually, it worked very well, good luck, and let all these haters know how great it worked!

I tested this method out and it worked. But not in the way you can say successful. Put horse blankets, newspapers, bubblewrap...its all the same difference. All you're doing is quieting the vibration by placing a space between two objects. Does not actually dampen, or provide any of the actual audible performance increases true methods gain.

This is very much like a guy I know who puts napkins in his rear deck and dash to stop the vibrations...lol.

I understand people on a budget. If you are short on cash, and don't mind low quality, go for it. But if you're only running a couple hundred watts and are not conpeting, I don't see why not.

Not hating, just a true fan who knows cutting corners isn't always good. Then again, my daily driver is about 14000 watts. If I was broke and needed deadening, I would use expanding foam and elemental designs has some nice $1 a sq ft damplifier you could use sparingly and add more as you buy it.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

go to lowes or home depot and get peel and seal. it does work, if you use 2+ layers of it. get a couple few rolls of it and go to town. i live in northern ohio and it gets a lil cold and warm here, and i've had no problems with it at all, and it helps a lot, i have 4 layers on each door, and 2-3 everywhere else, and it helped tremendously.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

go to lowes or home depot and get peel and seal. it does work, if you use 2+ layers of it. get a couple few rolls of it and go to town. i live in northern ohio and it gets a lil cold and warm here, and i've had no problems with it at all, and it helps a lot, i have 4 layers on each door, and 2-3 everywhere else, and it helped tremendously.

:No:

Do what teamHT said use the Edead stuff from elemental designs, Also you can get 50 sq ft of fatmat extreme on ebay for $45 shipped to your front door.

Archived