Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Why are most of the vets on this site so un-helpful most of the time? I thought this forum was for people to come, talk about audio, and hopefully learn some stuff from the more experienced guys. I mean, Meade responds to people the most he can, but others just read my PM's and don't respond...... I don't get it. I even offered to pay him for his help and nothing?

Sucks.

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Posted

Well I've been talking to a few people about 6th orders, and a few have helped but everyone of them referred me to talk to Ray because they say he's the man to talk to about 6th orders. I tried getting his help but he just reads my PM's and nothing. I really want his opinion and possibly to have him design me a box but he won't respond.

There's been a few other times I've asked some of the known vets for some advice and they just act like they're the shit. What's the point of having knowledge if you don't share it? I don't know, maybe it's just me. I try to help people out whenever I can, guess there's more out there that could care less.

Maybe I just see it differently all together... ?

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Posted

im sure they get pm's all the time from people asking questions. a lot of the time you could search and find an answer on here. someone will chime in and help eventually

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Posted

Why are most of the vets on this site so un-helpful most of the time? I thought this forum was for people to come, talk about audio, and hopefully learn some stuff from the more experienced guys. I mean, Meade responds to people the most he can, but others just read my PM's and don't respond...... I don't get it. I even offered to pay him for his help and nothing?

Sucks.

I'll give you 2 reasons why.

1. Someone pm's me asking a million and a half questions, you spend time sorting through all the bullshit and get him to a solid design and or recommendation and either A) they go and do what they 1st had planned and fail, then ask why AGAIN. Or B) Never actually go and do what they spent all this tame talking to you about what they want to do..

2. Some of the people with the knowledge that you are asking for help, make MONEY from the knowledge they have. And you want to know the whole kicker in this is, Some of us learned from this very same internet you logged into to ask for help.

So here's the deal, I make money on the things I have learned or know through the years of doing it. My time, is money. Sometimes people with the knowledge will be nice or feel good once in awhile and share some of it with you.

So here is what I suggest. Why not research about what you what to know about. I know for a fact, that everything you could possibly want to know about a 6th order bandpass is out on the internet. Go LEARN about it and do it instead of just asking someone to do all the work for you.

I mean fuck, I wish I had the resource of the internet 20 years ago when I started out. It sure in the fuck would of been a hell of a lot less error in my trials as I was learning.

/rant

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

also, ray runs a shop, he generally works 11+ hour days, sometimes he will read it, and then crash.. he works just about 7 days a week and pulls 100+ hour weeks....

so, if you think hes blowing you off, think about how tired that man might just be.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Posted

the first pm i got asked if i could improve on a design you had gotten for free.

but you gave me 1/2 of the vol measurments. No sq in of vent or nything.. just .. it's 5.19 per sub on the back forgot front vol. and its tunes to 31

then you pm with another design thats 21 on the back 11 on the front, no tuning, no vent areas..

Hard to say i can improve on what I know very little about.

I saw the second pm this morning.. am currently trying to finish a very expensive job, then get home after a 13hr day plus 3 hours of driving, to get a 3rd pm.. saying.. well, i can take a hint that you just don't care.

I can tell even without you telling me this is your first 6th order... because you have no idea how much thought and calc's go into doing a proper BP design.

These things dont just fall off the shelf and work great.

It takes lots of trial and error to get them right.

Ill make it easy.

Just build the design you got for free.

1. its free, done and he built his... and his bumps.

2. just seeing how crazy impatient you are about getting "free" advice, there is no way I want to see how you are a as paying client.

3. well, hell.... Im RAY, if you didnt notice. And I do whatever I want.

P.S.

Your my boy Bill.. right there with ya buddy.

and Derrick knows how busy I am. Thanks guys.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted

1. Someone pm's me asking a million and a half questions, you spend time sorting through all the bullshit and get him to a solid design and or recommendation and either A) they go and do what they 1st had planned and fail, then ask why AGAIN. Or B) Never actually go and do what they spent all this tame talking to you about what they want to do..

These things dont just fall off the shelf and work great.

It takes lots of trial and error to get them right.

Ill make it easy.

Just build the design you got for free.

1. its free, done and he built his... and his bumps.

The exact way i'm starting to feel.. wonder who spent their time figuring out how to squeeze the equipment you wanted into the space you wanted for you to turn around and bitch about people not willing to improve upon the design..

Thanks for the compliment ray ;)

Posted

NOVA,

all the vets are here to help us out you just have to be patient, over the time i have been here i have learned to be patient i know its kinda hard when u wanna get a build done and your tryn to find everything out and someone isnt replying to your messages but you have no clue what they have going on in there life thats prolly more important then this site. this site is really cool and the people here are really cool you have a chance that all the "vets" here didnt have 10 or 20 years ago....

you just gotta wait for your info and read up on other forums or try what u think and if it doesnt work try something else

"the first light bulb didnt fail 1,000 times, the first light bulb just had 1,000 steps"-Tomas Edison

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

Posted

also, I dont know what the fuck an HDC3 is.

damn acronyms for everything.

sd7k

hdc3

blah..blah.

Links to product used.

what vehicle yr/make/model

pic of hot sister

measurments of space avail

Shit, something man.

I good, but not that good.

Or if you really want to pay for me to just guess at all that shit.

Fuck it, ...... its not my box.

Or get your shit straight, get everything together, then and only thne, approach me.

Untill then, you will have to live with this thread being a hella backfire.

A pretty fun 1 though.

i love venting.

/rant.

and Sani, you deserve any and all props you get for your truck, you put in work, and it paid off.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 386 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...