the op said he was tazed for not getting off the ground while he was handcuffed, not because he tried to flee.

No where in the link did I see where it said he was on the ground handcuffed while being tazed, unless I missed it or there's more info somewhere. The guy was running and he likely got within range to get shot by the tazer so the cop did so. The guy still could've been wrestling around on the ground or both points of the tazer may not have stuck, so the guy who ran may have been trying to fight still and the officer hit the button more then once as a reaction, though I thought each tazer cartridge only allowed two 'shots' (not 100% sure on that though).

No where in the link did I see where it said he was on the ground handcuffed while being tazed, unless I missed it or there's more info somewhere. The guy was running and he likely got within range to get shot by the tazer so the cop did so. The guy still could've been wrestling around on the ground or both points of the tazer may not have stuck, so the guy who ran may have been trying to fight still and the officer hit the button more then once as a reaction, though I thought each tazer cartridge only allowed two 'shots' (not 100% sure on that though).

i didnt see the article had two pages. but it did say he was tazed 8 or 9 times. fleeing or not i dont see how any person or any living thing could withstand that many shocks. after the first one MAYBE two he shouldve been subdued.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i didnt see the article had two pages. but it did say he was tazed 8 or 9 times. fleeing or not i dont see how any person or any living thing could withstand that many shocks. after the first one MAYBE two he shouldve been subdued.

Not necessarily. If only one of the prongs make contact and the other doesn't 'ground' somewhere then it wouldn't work as it wouldn't be a complete circuit. Really need more details to know what happened though.

Edit: Here's a link explaining some info on Tasers.:

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Technology/Why-TASERs-Dont-Work/20$38245

Here's an explanation of how Tasers can fail from the link:

So--Why Don't TASERs Work?

TASERs do work. However, a TASER deployment can sometimes be rendered ineffective for certain reasons. The most common reason that a TASER deployment might fail is lack of a circuit. If you miss with one or both of the probes, there will be no circuit. If a wire breaks or a probe is pulled loose during a struggle, no circuit. If there is a "clothing disconnect," i.e. one or both probes getting hung up in the target's clothing, more than two inches from the skin surface, no circuit.

You can usually immediately tell when any of these events occur. Your target may be reacting to the pain of the TASER hit, but may still be fighting. Note the sound the TASER makes while it is cycling. If it emits a loud clacking sound, there is an inadequate circuit. When a TASER circuit is complete, and incapacitating energy is being delivered into a target, the cycling sound will be much quieter.

Sometimes there may be a good circuit, but as the subject moves around, his clothing falls away from his body (especially true if he is wearing an unzipped coat or jacket). When that happens, the circuit will be broken, and incapacitation will be lost.

If the officer said he 'tazed' him 8 times, he may have hit the button but not had a full circuit connection, thus failing.

anyone ever been tasered? If so you'll know you dont want to go through that again. If I'm doign something and threaten to taser me im done with it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If that guy had sickle cell like they say he was screwed but it doesnt justify tasering. Also felony drugs. I really can't sympathize with that. does it suck? sure it does.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Also, we are only going off what a reporter says, which we all know doesn't mean squat half of the time. Hell NBC just stated a while ago that you can go buy full auto 50 cal machine guns over the counter which is crap. Until you actually read the court transcripts to see why he was let off then you don't really know.

Also, every cop has to take at least two straight seconds of the the Taser to be able to carry one, in fact most have to take a 5 second ride. The Taser is just a tool to gain compliance that doesn't require beating the crap out of the perp. If the person continues to struggle they will without a doubt continue what is necessary to gain compliance.

Also, we are only going off what a reporter says, which we all know doesn't mean squat half of the time. Hell NBC just stated a while ago that you can go buy full auto 50 cal machine guns over the counter which is crap. Until you actually read the court transcripts to see why he was let off then you don't really know.

Also, every cop has to take at least two straight seconds of the the Taser to be able to carry one, in fact most have to take a 5 second ride. The Taser is just a tool to gain compliance that doesn't require beating the crap out of the perp. If the person continues to struggle they will without a doubt continue what is necessary to gain compliance.

no disrespect but you dont know what your talking about. i live here and i know what the fucks up with this case. and if you were google it you would see there is a alot more to this, and it all says things that make this cop look even more shitty. he killed that guy. even the doctor who did the autopsy says the guy had no med issues that would have killed him. so in my opinion and thousands here who know whats up. this asshole is guilty of murder and walked free.

no disrespect but you dont know what your talking about. i live here and i know what the fucks up with this case. and if you were google it you would see there is a alot more to this, and it all says things that make this cop look even more shitty. he killed that guy. even the doctor who did the autopsy says the guy had no med issues that would have killed him. so in my opinion and thousands here who know whats up. this asshole is guilty of murder and walked free.

1, he ran, 2 he could have possibly had a gun, 3, my buddy has been tazed 6 times in a row, because he was resisting arrest.. and that still didnt take him down, he just said fuck it and calmed down.

he wouldnt have died if he

1. wasnt doing something illegal

2. running.

even if the cop is at fault.. you wasnt there... you LIVE in that area yes, but you didnt witness what happened...

so you are just trying to bash a cop who in all rights, could have been trying to do his job.

oh, and since I do want to be a cop, I think 1 of 2 things if some one were to run if I tried to stop them.

they got a gun, or they are running to their buddys to come kill me.... so I would try my best to stop them as well

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

this kind of stuff goes on every day here like its nothing. most of the time it dont even make the papers. here its who you know and how much money you got . you would be shocked! this is the most corupt state in the south. if you try to stop this type of shit from going on they will lock your ass up for whatever they want to. or you could just have an accident or overdose on drugs or in this case be a 21 year old that just died from whatever while being tazed. i could go on for ever giving you examples. and its been like this as far back as i can remember. i hate to say that im from this fucked up place but i am. dont ever move to louisiana.

Archived