Sonic Electronix

Why do you continue car audio?

everyone i know asks why i spent so much money on a shit car (which i love), i always tell them its because its my hobby. i then tell them why the hell do people buy $400 toy trains to just sit in their basement and play with them? its a hobby, some are more expensive than others.

i hate when people ask how much i spend on my system, or when they hear it and ask "whyy". Pisses me off!

Yeah this is one gets on my nerves. I then ask them if they have hobbies and what they are. Then I proceed to tell them they are stupid for spending so much money on them.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

there is nothing worse then when a older family member asks me why do u spend your money on this trash, its not going to get you anywhere in life.. what do i say back to that,, i know but i also want to live.. i showed my drunk dad and uncle my bassrace videos, and i got nothing but ear full of.. this is set up ur never gonna win in this because its set up for the other guy to win and bla bla, im just like wow man...

but yeah fuck this thread im mad lol.. i do it because i love ripping heads off i love people infront of me fixing their mirrors i love watching people next to me stare at my car like it can breath, i love how i can scare my self at times, shit i love everything about it.

edit: i also LOOVE going to audio shops pulling up music off, asking them questions about products, laugh at them deeply inside of how much they know and how their jl audio and kicker is the greatest.. and then when im about to pull away, i play something below tunning loww and just let it rip, i love seeing the windows of their shop just wobble and their eyes glazzee

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Love. And the fact that after what could be a horrible day someone simply sayin. "I can hear you from so far away" makes your day suddenly better.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

for me after im "done" with a build a week or two later im used to it and bored with the way it sounds so i rebuild a box or get new subs the longest ive ever kept a setup is my surrent one ive had since may with a few box builds but say equipment

head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB

subwoofer - nothing

speakers - powerbass components

amp - nothing

hoe.png

Well. u see.

I was blessed by the Lord with a small penor....so I use my loud speakers to compensate for my dickless incompetence. It's worked so far.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I do it for the random demo's. I do it for the kid that loves what we all do so much that I drive an hour and a half just to demo my shit for him. I do it for the funny ass youtube comments I get. I do it cause my kids think Daddy's car makes a good back massager. I do it cause it pisses off my wife. I do it for the guy up the street with 4 Sony Xplode 12's who thinks he's the loudest shit in town. I do it for the guy at the competition who's 3 db's louder than me cause I wanna be 2db's louder than him. I do it cause the more I learn about it the better I become at it.

^this X100. you tear down and rebuild to make it that much better. plus it allows you to create something out of nothing, (fiberglass especially). shows creativity and gets its own attention. Can't stop, won't stop, uh-ah uh-ah....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Well. u see.

I was blessed by the Lord with a small penor....so I use my loud speakers to compensate for my dickless incompetence. It's worked so far.

you know they got shit for that right lol :peepwall:

head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB

subwoofer - nothing

speakers - powerbass components

amp - nothing

hoe.png

• 1 month later...

This is seriously one of the best threads i have seen.

I love the comments about how our hobby isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle. I know that with what everyone has said, i can't disagree with it at all. It's awesome that i can hear people who are as enthusisatic about car audio instead of hearing stuff such as, "that is a waste of money" "It's just all going to get stolen" "why can't you do something productive"

Thank you for this thread, thank you for everyone who has posted in it.

Seriously, Car Audio is not a Hobby, it's a Lifestyle.

Archived