What are some careers that require little to know school

you dont live in an area where IT is hot bttom line. Find a major metro area and you'll be better off. I could get you a job by me in a heart beat. its not what you know its who you know.

I'm assuming that's the problem, the closest tech city is Raleigh and that a 2 hour drive for me. I'm really thinking about it thou.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

i think you may be confused n8. your thinking politics in washington.......... :peepwall:

IT is politics

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

truck driver I drive truck for a livin good money only problem its a 24 hour a day 7 days a week career if you drive over the road if you can find a local job driving you will get set hours and work days

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Be a bartender for a packed club, or work for a power company....climb poles and work on high voltage and you will be making six figures in 3 years where I live.

Firefighter depending on the area, police officer depending on the area.

as already mentioned, the main thing is to get your foot in the door. Once you do that, your options are limited to the quality of work that you do. People higher up on the chain will take notice, trust you more, and give you a break...aka...give you an opportunity to move up the chain.

As for me, I JUST started a weekend job as a bar back for a bar i shoot pool at. Even when the waitresses and bartenders were moving slow, i was moving double the rate, doing shit that others wouldnt. I think in a course of two days I learned more about the place than some of the people who work there. I didnt get outa there until 3:30 each morning, just DO YOUR BEST wherever you are and you will have nothing to worry about.

Picture going to a job interview and having a flawless working record, where they would be able to call up any employer on the spot and have them say awesome things about you. Your work ethic goes very far.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Ya man, stick with school for now. Having a degree or certificate won't always get you a great paying job but going to school helps you find other opportunities. It's also something to do while you are making up yout mind. Many of my friends graduated in one field and right after switched.

No wonder you guys are assholes...IT guys are always assholes. Grumpy overpaid assholes. Well that's been my experience with IT guys. To the OP, IT makes good money though. You could be a Master of he Custodial Arts

Actually as a general rule the guys that show up at large companies to work on your desktop make next to nothing. The companies the big 3 used around here were paying something like $9 an hour. Horrible...

IT isn't overpaid... We get screwed out of holidays, are on call 24/7/365 (in most cases), are responsible for ALL of your data, your backups, your emails, your files, your desktop, your laptop, your phone, and it goes on and on and on. It's a PITA high stress job more often than not especially when you're a net/sys admin. These jobs go beyond complicated especially when you came from a time before Google when people actually had to know stuff... ;)

I'm a really nice guy, but I used to be a raging asshole and the only reason I'm not anymore is because I had a break from lusers and well my wife made me relax. :pardon:

you dont live in an area where IT is hot bttom line. Find a major metro area and you'll be better off. I could get you a job by me in a heart beat. its not what you know its who you know.

My last 4 jobs were through people I knew (which covers the last 10 years). This latest one was a childhood best friend who I haven't seen since I was 12 and it turns out he has owned a consulting business for 10 years and needed help. Wish I would have known he did this 10 years ago...

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

you could try ups or fedex.. although they start with low pay "$8.50 for Nashville, TN" those drives can make up to $40 an hour.. i've been working there almost 3 years and i'm making okay money at $13... although i live on my own and may not have the fanciest things.. good enough..