Sonic Electronix

keep blowing inline fuse from battery

ok guys this isnt a dick measure contest on what is right or wrong on the internet. the op had a question, please answer it or stop posting.

wait wait hold the fucking phone. are you telling me there is SOME truth to what the guys over at BCAE post on their site? i have NEVER seen a wrong piece of information on that site, ever. nor have i seen someone point out a wrong piece of information. why dont you actually say my name (if you're talking about me) instead of saying "that guy" or "him".

i nominate you for said experiment....:)

someone copied from the first page ;)

What, you want to get rid of me that much? haha

I would do it if I had some spare batteries and a lexan shield.

ok guys this isnt a dick measure contest on what is right or wrong on the internet. the op had a question, please answer it or stop posting.

I nominate this guy as a mod ;)

Actually though, it was answered.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

There is some truth to what that guy says, but mostly, he is a bit full of shit and exaggerative in his claims. He doesn't use any references or science. Him, along with various forums and other independant sources are part of the reason that the internet has earned a bad reputation. People read something and then spread it around like it is the end-all-be-all- final say on a topic and eventually they come to be known as facts which is a real load of :bull:

wait wait hold the fucking phone. are you telling me there is SOME truth to what the guys over at BCAE post on their site? i have NEVER seen a wrong piece of information on that site, ever. nor have i seen someone point out a wrong piece of information. why dont you actually say my name (if you're talking about me) instead of saying "that guy" or "him".

Chill out :drinks: I didn't say your name becuase I wasnt talking about you, i was saying him as in the guy who wrote the piece for the site you had linked to.

Jeesh :trippy: I thought that was fairly obvious.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

What brand is the wire you are running, if its wal-mart 4 gauge its more like 8 guage.....Personally I would just get a 4 gauge kit from Knukonceptz and call it a day, unless you plan on upgrading your alt soon and running 2000+rms with multiple battery's in the back the 4 guage from Knu will serve you well

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Look man get a 150 amp fuse a anl and call it good.If you get a 200-250 amp fuse on it it wont blow when you reach its fuses ampacity and you'll just burn the wire and then you have a car fire..Well pretty much what boon said as i read it agian lol

just geta 150 and then procede to upgrade if you get anything else higher.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

whats hard to understand about you need larger wires, not a larger fuse. that fuse was put in the kit he bought because that is what those wires are rated for. do not just put a larger fuse. terrible idea. please check your connections and get nice 4g wires. end of story....

try to turn up the volume a little bit but not to blow the fuse and feel the power and ground wires and see if they are getting warm or hot. if they are you will burn up your car with even a 150 amp fuse...

Why though? There is no point, He doesn't need 0g, and he sure as heck doesn't need 1/0g, that's just crazy. I like how every time someone asks a question about electrical everyone froths at the mouth and suggest 350 amp alternators and 3 batteries for a 1000 watt amp or something. The heck?

It takes like 500 amps to blow a 200 amp fuse, and even that could take several seconds.

I could be wrong about this but I always thought that 1/0g and 0g were the same thing.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived