Sonic Electronix

Im going to buy some sound deadner and i noticed with fatmat, you get alot more for your money but how does it compare to the second skin? I know the second skin is good stuff but all i want is my trunk rattle GONE lol.. any opinions will help thanks.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

its about half the thickness of second skin and even more than that of SS damp pro. I bought fatmat didnt like the smell of it straight out the box and sold it off. The guy i sold it to said it did not smell once out of the box though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Get fatmat man... Its really good. As nate said it does have a smell to it. But when i pulled it out of the box the odor was gone. Been in my buddys car almost 8 months and we lost the rattles and there is no odor at all...

I am about to pick up the 100 sq ft roll.

its about half the thickness of second skin and even more than that of SS damp pro. I bought fatmat didnt like the smell of it straight out the box and sold it off. The guy i sold it to said it did not smell once out of the box though.

yeah i know its cheap and alot of the guys i compete with use it.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

i know the fatmat price is nice, but it really depends on your setup. if youre not installing groundpounder equipment fatmat is great for the price. if you wanting best quality secondskin all the way. but if youre wanting best quality but cheaper, upgrade from the fatmat and get the rattletrap. im using the rattletrap an couldnt be happier.

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

if you have the money secondskin, if you dont 100sqft of fatmat :D

Edited by Socky

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

fat mat :) for me i didnt notice any smell, yeah some when installed but after wards none at all, and does make a difference. not as good as second skin but for the price fatmat is the way to go IMO

I just wanted to add this, at slamology a 300c with 4 fi btls on 4 saz 3500s, had 5 lays of fatmat on the roof and 3 on the doors, 2 on the floor. When he sealed his car up, you could not hear any bass at all.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I just wanted to add this, at slamology a 300c with 4 fi btls on 4 saz 3500s, had 5 lays of fatmat on the roof and 3 on the doors, 2 on the floor. When he sealed his car up, you could not hear any bass at all.

btu 4 to 5 layers...of what....40 mils? i cant recall correctly right now, but 5 layers of thin material is a lot. in that case, i would have just gone with secondskin or rattletrap.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?