Ok as the topic said, I very much need/would love to know how to hook up door handle sensors. I want it to were if someone lifts up the handle when the alarm is enabled then the the alarm will go off. I have done a fair amount of research and figured out that i need magnetic reed sensor to do this. I believe that the loop needs to be open when the magnets are together but again I don't know? I also would like to know how to wire it to the viper module if it is even possible?

If you need ANY further detail please let me know!!

Edit: I consider myself fairly good with electronics/soldering/you get the drift but I don't want to go about messing up the alarm!

Thanks Alot!!

If it is just a ground trigger then it can be wired into the alarm, or even if it was positive it can be to, there are input triggers on the alarm and just wire to one of those. Not to crazy, but depending on the door setup I would just use a push pin on the door handle, like a the same way the hood pin works. Just my view on it.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Thanks for the help! What it says on the wiring connections is that i have a positive and negative door trigger input and i also have a hood pin input which i intend to use, and i have a trunk pin input thats negative. Now I'm thinking that i can use something like this Reed Sensor for the handles but I don't know where to wire them? I see that they have 2 wires which I'm assuming mean positive and negative but again I'm not sure? So how would i wire a sensor like that to my alarm? Do i just wire both wires to one of the negative wires or what? And I have definitely considered wiring it to the door push pins but i would like to be able to do my ideas if i could! If not then I'll definitely go with that plan!

Thanks Again!

Here's the wiring diagram for the 5901 if it helps

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Viper/N5702V_2008_08web.pdf

Edit: Would using the diode method from here Diode Plan work for what im trying to do?

You have two styles of door triggers. One being (-) and one being (+). Use one for the actual door triggers, and one for the handle triggers. Or use both of the same, just diode isolate. I'd just mount a momentary switch style pin under the handle that makes contact when the handle opens.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

you should probably use a trunk monkey instead... best alarm system ever created

With the magnetic switches you chose, you wil attatch one end to ground and the other to - trigger on the alarm. I also like the idea of momentary swithes as these mag switches look like a pain to mount. If you are that worried about security, I would make sure you have a dei radar sensor hooked up as well. I find it a nice deturrent when someone is warned before they even touch your ride!

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

You have two styles of door triggers. One being (-) and one being (+). Use one for the actual door triggers, and one for the handle triggers. Or use both of the same, just diode isolate. I'd just mount a momentary switch style pin under the handle that makes contact when the handle opens.

So + and - are two different switches? And i thought for the sensors that i shown i needed a + and -?

Like i would have to have four total diode isolates for the handle and the push pin? Or am i thinking wrong?

Yea, thats what i thought of today! I'll attempt to mount both (the magnetic and the push pin) instead of just one!

And that momentary switch is also a great idea to......hmm its really tempting.

you should probably use a trunk monkey instead... best alarm system ever created

As long as its trained and has a gun then point me in the direction of getting one! lol

With the magnetic switches you chose, you wil attatch one end to ground and the other to - trigger on the alarm. I also like the idea of momentary swithes as these mag switches look like a pain to mount. If you are that worried about security, I would make sure you have a dei radar sensor hooked up as well. I find it a nice deturrent when someone is warned before they even touch your ride!

I thought - was ground though? Or are you saying attach one end to - and one to +? Or what ground are you talking about?

Yea those were just a idea sort of thing, I will browse a few more and see what i can find that arent a pain in the ass to mount. Im not obsesively worried about security, I have just been broken into two times in the past two months, the theifs ramed a screw driver or something under the handle and just lifted the lever to open my door (dam high school punks that need crack money because they cant do anything else better) so i want to add some sort of good security! (i dont want a deturrent, i want it to were i know the're breaking in so i can grab the gun and bat (or knife) and deal with them myself first...

But again thank you ALL for the suggestions and answers.....I'm extremely thankfull!

P.S Im still on the alarm learning track!

The 5901 has a number of dif inputs. Two of them being door triggers, one positive sensing and one negative sensing. Depending on which one you use, you will have to feed it with a + or - Signal from your door switches, whatever you decide to use. The contacts you showed, would each have to be wired to a relay becuase when the contacts are touching, it makes continuity. This continuity would hold a normally closed circuit open by applying ground to a relay and the output top the alarm. Please look at www.the12volt.com for relay diagrams. Do some reading and studying. You are going to need it to get through with this alarm.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

The 5901 has a number of dif inputs. Two of them being door triggers, one positive sensing and one negative sensing. Depending on which one you use, you will have to feed it with a + or - Signal from your door switches, whatever you decide to use. The contacts you showed, would each have to be wired to a relay becuase when the contacts are touching, it makes continuity. This continuity would hold a normally closed circuit open by applying ground to a relay and the output top the alarm. Please look at www.the12volt.com for relay diagrams. Do some reading and studying. You are going to need it to get through with this alarm.

So ill have to have a relay for the magnetic reed sensors? And will i still be able to wire both the door pin and the reed sensors (via diodes im guessing) up at the same time with the relays? And i wouldnt be able to ground the sensor to the alarm directly without the relay would I? Sorry im a visual learner more than a novisual learner :/

Thanks again VOPA!

Edit: What about these? Different Reed Sensors

Thanks!

Archived