Sonic Electronix

I know i'm no the only one, how do you guys get your bass fix when you get used to your system. I've had my setup in about three weeks now and I know its loud, but I just want more. I have no meter, but i'm guessing I hit 150ish. What would 155 or 160 feel like compared to 150?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I used to think 140 was loud in my saturn till I heard my first 145. Now I'm doing 147-148 and I'm used to it, but luckily a group of guys meet up every wednesday at a bar and there's a couple guys quite a bit louder than me. That's how I get my fix haha. Loudest I've sat in was 154ish, but tuning was kind of high. Has quite a bit of pressure and sounds loud to the ear. But one of the old school guys here was doing 149.9 with a 9518 off a Z1A in his ranger, dropped in a BTL and is doing like 148 @ 31 hz but it honestly sounds and feels louder than that 154 which was a blazer with 8 15" T1's off 2 RF 4k's. After a certain point the pressure and wind factor goes up, but I've yet to hear something that sounds significantly louder than anything else, more of a feeling.

keep the bass turned down for a week or so. then get in and go full tilt every now and then.

edit: or just go louder lol

Edited by cmamtower

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

I know i'm no the only one, how do you guys get your bass fix when you get used to your system. I've had my setup in about three weeks now and I know its loud, but I just want more. I have no meter, but i'm guessing I hit 150ish. What would 155 or 160 feel like compared to 150?

usually the way i make mine sound loud again is just disconnect the remotes on the sub amps for a few days and roll bass less. youll be tempted to turn the sub amps on, but with no remote wires they wont go on, then once you went crazy from no bass hook them bitches back up!

Personaly going from a 151ish to almost a 154db @ 34hz (db drag legal) i really didnt notice much of a difference, but i noticed lots of things move more violoently inside and outside my vehicle that I wasnt use to seeing move no where near as much. However on some songs things felt drastically louder to the body and ears.

Tuning plays a huge part in how loud things sound. me hearing a 45hz 155db vehicle then hearing something lower in the 30hz range that may only be 150ish db, that lower freq sounds much louder on the ear even tho the other car meters much louder.

I personaly never sat in a 160db vehicle that was below 50hz tuning, but I have sat in a friends van with sixteen 15s in a clam shell before he put all 8 of the mojo4ks on the subs, it was around a 158db bassrace run but us being inside lowered the score. however it was very intense, db drag judge made us wear hearing protection tho it didnt do a damn thing.

Going from 150 to 155 to 160, 160 feels like your face is getting ripped off....LOL. And if you sit on the passenger side of my wall and put your head up by the windshield your teeth will chatter so violently you can't keep your mouth shut. If you are used to it, it isn't loud enough, I guess, cuz at some point you actually get sick of it to some extent cuz it is painful, it is no longer enjoyable. I know that if I have a laptop in my truck at 155 and up the screen ripples with the bass....haha. And what you think you are doing compared to what numbers you are actually do are gonna be way different, unless you have had alot of setup's at different freq's and will be able to pick up the difference.

Also in mine during testing we did normal daily power testing, I sat in the driver seat, did about 4 dozen burps and then dropped ohm load and went full power, my buddy that was testing with me, said, "come look at the score", I said back, "I don't need too, it is 3 db louder right?", he said, "yeah, how did you know", I said, "I couldn't breath, and the wiperblades where bouncing off the glass a few inches."

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Word. 150 is not bad at all but then Colin let me hear a 154 on 800 watts lol that feels great but your chest feels compressed. On 20k watts he does a 162 I think, but I don't really want to sit in it at 160+ lol

I feel this way every time I demo now. Most people think its insanely loud and Im thinking " I need a little bit more power in here. I wish it was a little louder" .

The low notes are crushing and violent but after a few weeks of getting used to it I want more. At least I want it available if I want to hammer on it. Im adding a second amp very soon so I may get my wish.

Edited by -Hobby-

I feel this way every time I demo now. Most people think its insanely loud and Im thinking " I need a little bit more power in here. I wish it was a little louder" .

The low notes are crushing and violent but after a few weeks of getting used to it I want more. At least I want it available if I want to hammer on it. Im adding a second amp very soon so I may get my wish.

Exactly. It's badass when people bail on demo's and I don't think its loud at all. Now the air movement and car shaking never gets old. I think i'll be happy once the wall is rebuilt and I put the third sub back in.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Stick your head in the port lol

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread