just swap the motor, and do it yourself. you'll thank yourself down the road when something goes wrong (which it probably will with a car that old) you'll save tons of money and gain knowledge of your motor. so it'll be easier to take apart and fix

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

suck bro.

it will save you headaches in the long wrong if you get a new car man, what if you fix it and it will happen later on down the road again.

Edited by knowledge

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

suck bro.

it will save you headaches in the long wrong if you get a new car man, what if you fix it and it will happen later on down the road again.

What if he buys a new car and it happens again?

Would you rather have a car paid for that you know what's wrong with it, or be making payments on a car that when (not if) something goes wrong you're in the dark?

Too many projects, too little time...

lol you uys are funny, its not at all an amatures job to pull a motor and replace it... also tell your parents that if you replace the engine with the same brand/type they will have the same problems. and if they are so worried about knowing what the car has been through..... you are about to spend almost 2k on another old USED motor that you have know idea what its been through... and on top of that.. your 18.. get a job!! lol

I swapped motors on my 'Prix at 16. That was the only way I could afford to drive. You freak out the more you get into it but it's not so much hard as it is tedious.

And you're getting ripped the fuck off if you pay 2k for a used motor. Try like 200-300 at a you-pull-it type place (which will also give you practice on where all the bolts harnesses and hoses are.)

Too many projects, too little time...

You may not have a cracked head but rather a semi blown head gasket so you would be better served pulling the head to make sure, if the head isn't cracked your golden and just need to mill the head and get a new gasket. Most engines with cast iron blocks and aluminum heads only have about 60k to 100k before the head gaskets need replacing and to have gotten 5 years on it i'd say you around that time its in need of replacing.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

but please if you just have the heads re surfaced have the block checked for warpage. and blocks do warp. i hope no one tries to argue that ... but it also depends on the tools and skills you have to pull a motor. i also did my first one at 16 but i was also in school for it and still am. just take your time and label EVERYTHING! and take lots of pictures because they will help to go back to when you forget where that doo dad went

slap a 4a-ge engine in there. mine is running perfectly fine at ~163080 miles.

fixed

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo