Sonic Electronix

did i do the big 3 correctly? (pictures)

i just finished doin my big 3 and want to make sure i did it correctly.

heres my negative battery terminal

IMAGE_085.jpg

there was a post sticking off my stock terminal so i connected the chassis and engine ground to this post

as for my positive terminal

IMAGE_086.jpg

i kno its hard to see but thats my alt. positive wire ontop of my amp power wire.

i left all the stock electrical hooked up, and fused the alt. wire

is it ok to do it like this or do i need to get new batt. terminals? with dual 0 guage outputs

aafi.jpg

Fused your alt wire? That isn't really necessary, just make sure that the wire to the back where your amps are is fused. And tuck the alt wire somewhere safe where it won't touch anything hot and where it can't rub on anything moving.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Should be okay.

@baaudio, epic avatar.

I'll second this, being a ravens fan

Meh, I'ma Steel City fan (have to be, I was born there :peepwall: )

Either way, just thought the move was funny, Ben takes too much of a beating.

POTATO!

you did the right thing by fusing your run to the alt. better have it than not and it short and burn your whole car down.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

you did the right thing by fusing your run to the alt. better have it than not and it short and burn your whole car down.

how can this happen

i have a positive current coming from the left (battery) and say i fuse it 12" within the battery i still have a positive current coming from the right (alt) because i have my stock wiring in place as well as my alternator is STILL PUTTING OUT CURRENT so if anything does happen that fuse blows, both wires are still live

in order to prevent that you would need to fuse it on both the alt side and the battery side

4cbc947b_b7c6_43f2.jpg

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i dont have anything fused for the big 3. i know i should, but what the heck, im too lazy to add a fuse.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman