Sonic Electronix

Need to know if im missing anything..

nope...some stuff out there is NOT 0 gauge...but it's as thick as 0 gauge on the outside. Crosssection of wire needs to be 1.1cm diameter.

You misunderstand. That's like saying not all 5000 watt amps put out 5000 watts because those are max ratings, not rated power.

Of course not all are true grade, but obviously I would be referring to true grade. The point you missed is there is no 0 gauge specifically for power and a 0 gauge specifically for ground. Only difference being colors of the jacket

ah, my mistake...you are correct, sir.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

nope...some stuff out there is NOT 0 gauge...but it's as thick as 0 gauge on the outside. Crosssection of wire needs to be 1.1cm diameter.

You misunderstand. That's like saying not all 5000 watt amps put out 5000 watts because those are max ratings, not rated power.

Of course not all are true grade, but obviously I would be referring to true grade. The point you missed is there is no 0 gauge specifically for power and a 0 gauge specifically for ground. Only difference being colors of the jacket

ah, my mistake...you are correct, sir.

Oh no worries mate. It moved to the second page but I was expecting my post to be right beneath his original. But I never once thought to measure to actual diameter of good 0 gauge. I do appreciate that tidbit.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I'd say...a high output alternator, S1200 starting with a D3100 in the back would suffice. Two if you want close to 0 drop with the ability to play daily and bang for extended periods of time.

I agree with this 100%

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

stay away from 300A fuses...you can weld with them. ANL are slow blow and it actually takes about 750A to blow them. use 2 150A stacked.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

what about mids, no epicenters ,equilizer,head unit

I have a lanzar HU with a 7" screen, getting new mids and all after this is said and done. Also prolly getting another pioneer HU, I miss my old one..

sound good bro

So your saying just get a 150A then get a second holder and get another 150A?

no need. as long as the holder can handle the high current (some are rated lower than others due to heat) you can take the plastic off them, or just bent the tabs a little and stack them directly. i've been doing it this way for years without issue, as long as you have a solid connection for them.

Principal