Sonic Electronix

if ur gonna run 18 subs... regardless size, i hope u know ur gonna need more than one T1000bd or more than one amp in general plus batteries.

i said i wasnt gonna do the 18s. i said mtx roadthunders. theyre like 250rms a piece and cost like 70bucks. if i got 2 t1000s, it would push those to the max.

twigs wat do u have? p3s right?

Lets Go Ski

i got 2 p3 15s off ebay for about $105 each brand new.

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

i think most everybody when they first get into spl goes though this same thing. "Should i get lots of little cheap subs or go with a couple really good woofers" I have personally went down this road i would suggest spending your money on one or two really nice subs and a really nice amp. Buying all the "cheaper" eq does nothing but cause disappointment and trouble in the long run. Personally i would hold off on doing this setup until you can buy two really nice subs say like fi btl. Then get one nice amp. Because in the end, and most will tell you this that quantity never beats quality. Just my .02$

I totally agree...I started trying to get loud over sound quality on my third setup in my Explorer. I put 6-MTX 5500 12's in a sealed enclosure. Later I ended up buying two XXX 2006 12's....get this. The two XXX's hit harder than the six MTX's.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

i think most everybody when they first get into spl goes though this same thing. "Should i get lots of little cheap subs or go with a couple really good woofers" I have personally went down this road i would suggest spending your money on one or two really nice subs and a really nice amp. Buying all the "cheaper" eq does nothing but cause disappointment and trouble in the long run. Personally i would hold off on doing this setup until you can buy two really nice subs say like fi btl. Then get one nice amp. Because in the end, and most will tell you this that quantity never beats quality. Just my .02$

I completely agree. I have seen this a billion trillion times! (dr evil) It is really hard to get the results you think you deserve off of the lower end stuff. Take your time and get what you reallywant, its not gonna get built overnight anyway. Plus its not like competeings gonna just up and vanish anytime soon! Just cause you have a large vehicle doesnt mean you have to fill it all up. But if you do go with some lower end stuff, I know a guy that has 8 10" powerbass extreme subs in a wall behind the two front seats, powered off 1 large Power Acoustik amp with like 6 batteries, and his van is not even remotely close to being filled up...hell he has most of his cargo area free for chairs, coolers, canopy tents and what not when he travels to shows. He even has every tool he needs to do quick fixes on the site if needed on a shadow board hooked to the driver side inside cargo wall!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Instead of buying 18 crap woofers, why not buy 2 decent woofers. You can still wall a van with two 15s and you'll be a lot more happier in the long run. I love my DDs :)

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

100% agree....and plus I didnt really care for my p2 15" i had, i gave it 300wrms and it didnt get low enough for my likings, get a few descent subs, you cant go wrong...

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

you know what if you hit me up I might be able to help.. but only if you are serious.. I can get mass quantities of subs really cheap.. but I dont want to waste my time and resources on well maybe we can get them after I arrange it all

later

Doug

sonicfx.jpgWEST COAST HOME OF THE SPLMAXCUPstocktonsplsig34.JPG

If youre budget minded why would you go with rockford for amps?? they arent too expensive compared to other stuff, but still, go with power acoustik or hifonics for amps if youre trying to save cash. and listen to these guys too, get 2 good 18's and power them properly (or overpower them if its a true SPL machine...)

Shitty subs just cant hang in a good spl setup. Get a couple DD 15's or 18's and a few power acoustik pa 3000db's and go to work with that.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall