shops you think know a little dont know anything in the end

i had a similar issue with a friend of mine, he blew one of his subs and it ended up being that the shop set his gain almost all the way up and the n bass boost was all the way up, i set the gain with a DMM, best i got right now, and lowered his bass boost to like roughly 1/8 or so, his system still sounded great (2 12 inch solo baric - 750rms i think) anyways when he wen t back in to go from two amps to one amp that can power both subs, they did the same thing and ended up blowing one of his subs

it could have been something else, but not much investigation is needed when you see the gain maxed out almost and bass boost maxed

This alpine amp has gains and bass boost close to max. I'm thinking a week or so and he will ask if I'm selling any subs that are laying around! :)

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

I can think of some LOUD as shit sealed builds....

Sigh, you missed the point entirely.

No, I really didn't. I was only stating a fact.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i had a similar issue with a friend of mine, he blew one of his subs and it ended up being that the shop set his gain almost all the way up and the n bass boost was all the way up, i set the gain with a DMM, best i got right now, and lowered his bass boost to like roughly 1/8 or so, his system still sounded great (2 12 inch solo baric - 750rms i think) anyways when he wen t back in to go from two amps to one amp that can power both subs, they did the same thing and ended up blowing one of his subs

it could have been something else, but not much investigation is needed when you see the gain maxed out almost and bass boost maxed

This alpine amp has gains and bass boost close to max. I'm thinking a week or so and he will ask if I'm selling any subs that are laying around! :)

lol, my friends amp was also an alpine

sounds like this shop close to me. they are complete idiots. they told me that the purpose of a dual coil subwoofer was the you hook up one coil so that if it blows, you have a backup coil.

lmfao ahaha thats a good one

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

sounds like this shop close to me. they are complete idiots. they told me that the purpose of a dual coil subwoofer was the you hook up one coil so that if it blows, you have a backup coil.

Haha..I'd just go there and ask questions..just for the comedy

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

i tried workin there one time but me and the owner just couldnt agree on anything. i really cooked his brain one day when i asked if he could get me a recone for a sub......... he said "whats a recone?"

keep in mind, mobile electronics magazine has done a spot on this shop twice. shows how high ME mag sets their standards ehhh.....

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

i tried workin there one time but me and the owner just couldnt agree on anything. i really cooked his brain one day when i asked if he could get me a recone for a sub......... he said "whats a recone?"

keep in mind, mobile electronics magazine has done a spot on this shop twice. shows how high ME mag sets their standards ehhh.....

sounds like my local shop. the best woofer they keep in stock is a l7 15 and a w7 8

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

I have learned shops are there for people who really don't know a lot and cater to them. They thrive on the bling factor and impulse buys. But having said that. When I was younger that's what I was looking for. Now that I'm older I just try to find the best shop I can buy certain things and go from there. And trust me I thought I knew a lot until I started frying shit and starting asking questions. And I have a lot of friends who I won't hook up shit for because they are never happy. Because they bring me xplode subs and dual cd players and expect to bang hard. So I say have a pro do it and see what u get.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Archived