I don't go to ranges I live by farms

i have my own private outdoor 150yard range out at the farm, and a shooting lane at one of the fields that 800 yards, where i like to play with my AR-15. every now and again though, i like to go shoot at the indoor range just to do something different.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I like my XD 40 cal.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I don't go to ranges I live by farms

i have my own private outdoor 150yard range out at the farm, and a shooting lane at one of the fields that 800 yards, where i like to play with my AR-15. every now and again though, i like to go shoot at the indoor range just to do something different.

we have one range here and you have to be part of their gun club to use it. after I get my gun I'll probably drive the hour or so to a range just to make sure I get it sighted in right

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Not to mention they are cheaper to shoot at the range (~20 cents/round).

you pay too much for ammo...... 100rds of 45auto costs me 9 dollars........ oh the joys of reloading. 1k rounds for 93 dollars total investment, and it is a round specifically tailored for MY gun.

Oh yea, reloading saves a ton in the long term. I just don't have the money for the investment and actually haven't had as much time as I would like to spend at the range lately.

Sig 226 .40... my next purchase. I have yet to shoot a sig that didn't shoot like a dream :)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

it also has a lot to do with what is comefortable to your hands, just go to your local gun shop and hold them all. you will find one that you like more then the rest and that will be the winner. but if you dont mind carbines i had 2 hi-point 9mm and they are the coolest things j have got. they are awesome to shoot and 9mm is cheap. very reliable guns. dont listen to anything bad about them, they are very cheap in price but theat does not mean they are cheaply made. i have not experienced the hand guns yet but i hear they are awesome. they are also small which should fit my small hands well.

edit- i just wanted to add that a 22 cal bullet will do more damage to a person then any other hand gun ammo. it doesnt make as big of a hole but the bullet will bounce off bones inside the body, destroying lots of organs and tissue inside the body. so dont think a larger cal will be a better buy cuz it will hurt someone more. it will go in and out with one line of damage. and when your a bad guy in front of any gun or you hear any gun go off, you will be running, not staying if its under a 45 cal.

Well, I've done it man (EDIT: I'm talking standing outside the vehicle shooting in)... I've got just about every caliber gun made, and shot everything out there... And as far as practical defense? We talking home? If so, a shotgun is more practical and better in a home defense scenario... :drinks:

It's possible, but I just can't imagine it happening at close range with a +p defensive round. Although I will assume you are right considering I have not tried it :P. But, that's a pretty specific scenario to just disregard the caliber.

Also, a 22 IS probably the best for killing (ZOMBIEESSSSSSSS), but in a defensive shoot, you are not aiming to kill, just to stop the attacker. Aiming to kill is likely to land you a manslaughter charge.

Although I didn't see much info from the OP as far as what the firearm will be used for. So I guess no one can really answer his question properly.

To the OP:

Try to answer these questions and I'm sure someone will be able to fully give you a great list of candidates.

1) What is the use of the firearm? (daily carry, target practice, nightstand, collection, etc.)

2) What are you most picky about? (feel, looks, reliability, customizable, ease of use for defense)

3) What aftermarket parts are you planning on adding? (nightsights, flashlight, laser, threaded barrel, silencer, cosmetics, trigger jobs, custom fitting, milling slide and adding a mini red dot sight, etc.)

I usually write the answers to those three questions and end up continuing from there. Although there is an added question if it ends up being a daily carry firearm. What scenarios/locations do you think are most likely for self defensive action to be taken? Then decide things like caliber according to that.

I actually have (and will continue to) buy weapons as preparation for the zombie apocalypse. Sure it may be a joke, but if it happens, I'll be ready. Theoretically, a 22 is the best weapon for this, but it is fun to buy others as well (plus it's better if you find ammo caches and need a certain caliber weapon to use some of the ammo).

I've been wanting to get into long range shooting. Need to decide on a nice .308 starter rifle. Going to practice heavily on it and push the limits of the round.

I would suggest a keltec sub 2000 my buddy got one in this week and I'm about to order me one

this thread is about picking a new handgun. what does that kel tec rifle have to do with anything?

i looked into that carbine as well. I think its ugly as shit. Im glad i went with my high point

i looked at the hi point today. i would go with the kel tek first......

what didnt you like about it? only thing I don't like is the charging handle location. Im a little spoiled with the ar-15 type charging so its awkward to me

and to the guy at the bottom who says you're aiming to stop an attacker and not kill. We obviously are not on the same page. If Im in a situation that I feel the need to pull the trigger I obviously feel that my life is in danger. its them or me and I like me a whole lot more than them.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived