new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

About dam time!!!! lol

im pretty stocked for this perfect gift for my lil brother starting into car audio,

also an idea on a lfp one as well? that also another problem on damaging equipemnt, idk just putting it out there for a future project, know you probley have serval,

i knew a guy i believe on car audio.com was goin to do this like 5yrs ago, but never actully got it up and running so great that finally steped up and took charge :drinks:

price set yet?

EDIT I FAIL AT READING IT WILL BE SET AT AROUND $140.00

Edited by KnockinthaStreetzof608

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Can't wait to get my hands on one!

HEAD UNIT JENSEN VM9312

4 12" KICKER COMPS

4 PUNCH 150 AMPS "0NE ON EACH SUB"

2 ALPINE 3522 ON MIDS AND HIGHS

MLA MOD

BIG 3

OPTIMA D31T BATTERY UP FRONT, ANOTHER IN BACK

2 KINETIK BATTERIES IN BACK ALSO"ONE 800,ONE 1200"

DUAL ALTERNATORS "ONE 200 AMP" OTHER MECHMAN 270 LARGE CASE

Is there a voltage or amperage limit on this thingie? Also, are the gains suppose to be set with the speakers hooked up? Thanks. Looking good. :yahoo:

Voltage limit is 125 VACrms, 176VACpeak. This equates to a 15,000 watt RMS amplifier at 1 ohm, or 7,500 watts at 2 ohm ect. This, I believe will cover everything on the mobile and home audio market.

I recommend setting the gains without the speakers being connected, just to save your speakers from having to deal with a continuous sine wave at full power. My testing has shown that with the speakers disconnected you end up with about 1 - 3 more dB of overlap. The exception to this would be if the amplifier has a regulated power supply, then it wouldn't matter either way.

I just did two cars with it last night. Set the fronts at 10dB overlap and rears at 5dB overlap without the speakers connected. They both came out perfect. Neither car has subs yet, but when they do I'd set the sub with 15dB overlap.

Tony D'Amore

D'Amore Engineering

When you say overlap what do you mean exactly? like you used -10DB tones for the fronts and -15 tones for the rear?

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Is there a voltage or amperage limit on this thingie? Also, are the gains suppose to be set with the speakers hooked up? Thanks. Looking good. :yahoo:

Voltage limit is 125 VACrms, 176VACpeak. This equates to a 15,000 watt RMS amplifier at 1 ohm, or 7,500 watts at 2 ohm ect. This, I believe will cover everything on the mobile and home audio market.

I recommend setting the gains without the speakers being connected, just to save your speakers from having to deal with a continuous sine wave at full power. My testing has shown that with the speakers disconnected you end up with about 1 - 3 more dB of overlap. The exception to this would be if the amplifier has a regulated power supply, then it wouldn't matter either way.

I just did two cars with it last night. Set the fronts at 10dB overlap and rears at 5dB overlap without the speakers connected. They both came out perfect. Neither car has subs yet, but when they do I'd set the sub with 15dB overlap.

Tony D'Amore

D'Amore Engineering

When you say overlap what do you mean exactly? like you used -10DB tones for the fronts and -15 tones for the rear?

Yes sir