wheres the reviews on the btl n2s at????

slamin87

i still dont understand howcome they dont come out with a rated 3krms sub already... why still 2k....

1)Because some folks have no clue what the hell they are doing. Tell them the sub will take 3k,4k,5k and away with the clipping you go. They still get chit wrong on a 2.5k rating

2) Once the jackass frys the sub from sending a clipped signal who is the first person you think they are going to call?

3) Please read numbers 1 and 2

4) Repeat 1

I really don't see you're point.

Yes you are correct there's ALWAYS going to be turds getting subs, frying them and blaming the company. That's on ALL rms levels of subs.

But mostly on lower level subs such as 400-1400 rms subs .

Because not many noobs buy advance level subs that can take 3k-6k ..

I still say they should of made a 3k by now, ofourse underrated by 1k+.

I guess you have gotten lost of how things used to be before Korea and China took over the world with cheap (in more ways then one) power.

Amplifiers used to be built here..and they were a dollar per watt. They were high voltage setups made to run at 4ohms.

Now, any inexperienced person with 300 bucks can get their hands on a solid 3-4000 watts. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing, they hook that amp up to a stock electrical system...and burn everything up.

If we could go BACK to the days of high voltage power, instead of cheap korean/chinese high current power...things would be MUCH easier on the woofer end of things. Look at pro sound, they use single layer edge wound coils that are at least 4ohms...they do not have anywhere near the amount of problems that the car audio crowd does.

This is simply because it is cheap, easy, and convenient to buy amplifiers already designed and built for you as a "manufacturer"..you do not have to know how it works, you do not have to know that the output transistors are running 90%+ duty cycle, you do not have to know that the operating frequency of said output transistors are actually running in the 120kHz range which in turn is NOT filtered and microwaves tinsel leads...

You just say hey here's my amp it does this power and it's cheaper then these three other guys that are selling the same thing so buy mine.

The consumer..has no choice, buys the cheapest amp that he can because that is what he can afford. The days of taking pride in actually doing something yourself, that is unique, and you actually do it with your own two hands seem to be gone in this industry (with the exception of a few). For the most part now everything is outsourced, it is about getting that 38 dollar speaker and selling it for 200 dollars...and putting your "brand" on it. UPS manu-packering never became so easy. You can manu-packer as quick as you can sell them and print labels.

There are way better ways of doing things, the only problem is the consumer says "I am not paying that kind of money for the same 2000 watts"...when they do not understand it is not the same 2000 watts at all. There is a lot more going on then the consumer sees or understands...the task of explaining that to each and every one of them is a feat in and of itself simply because 99.9999% do not care, they just want loud music...they only care when they burn their sub up due to their lovely "bargain" of an amplifier.

/rant.

:popcorn:

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

i get mines this friday but im not doing any work on my car until it gets warmer its just too cold :angry:

You will love it man what size you get, how many. Ya its freezing over here in chicago as well.

i ordered 2 18 btl fully loaded , tell me about it im in the poconos its -10 and we are expecting 8 inches of snow just to start lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well said nick.

You mean I can't put 6k on my AA Mayham Daily...LOL. Thanks for clearing that up. :popcorn:

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Good post Nick, Damn if the JBL wasn't so big :(

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

Archived