So I'm thinking about buying a bike this year

the gsxr is probably the best from Kawasaki,Honda,Yamaha, and Suzuki. you can look into aprilla as well

apriliarsv-336307.jpeg

This.

Th hondas are decent but I like the ride of the Gxsr the most. 650 is pretty much the best starter size bike for any beginner. If you have the experience, the jump to the 1k will save you time and money just getting it now.

Thanks for some of the suggestions guys. I know about the GXSR and they're on my list too but in my area it seems like the Yamahas and Hondas are the more popular bikes seen on my areas Craigslist. I've never heard of Aprilia before so I'll look into them. I'm really interested in the Buell bike to be honest with you guys but I'm open to any brand. My only conditions is that its easy to ride/learn with, that it can handle my size and weight, and that I don't have to drop a fortune on to buy. I'm trying to say within the $4500 and under range so I know that a used/pre-owned bike is in my future.

What is the deal with bikes that have salvaged titles? Can the bike be insured if it has a salvaged title or will I have to get the title un-salvaged? I'm seeing a lot of bikes on CL with salvage titles and just wanted to understand that a bit more.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Well i will put my input into it

My #1 choice would be an R6 or zx6 they are bad as shit especially for a beginner i wouldn't jump onto anything larger than a 750 i have been riding for several years so please take my advice...

The 3 bikes id look into would be

Gsx 750

R6

zx-6

and as wenn stated if you really want a bad machine checkout the aprilia

if you want a 1000 look into an r1 :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

My best friend has an 09 Bussa. My brother-in-law just got a Kawaski Ninja ZX600 don't know the year but I think its like a 99 or 00. They've talked me into getting one I just don't know which one to go with. Now I'm a big guy 375-400lbs range and I'm tall too 6'5. I was told that I should look at getting something with a bit of power like in the 750cc - 1000cc range. I just don't want to kill myself so having absolute top speed is not an requirement for me. So what I'm looking for is something that great for a beginner, can handle my size, can somewhat keep up with the Bussa, cause I don't believe my best friend when he says he not going to open the bike up on straight highways.

A lot of what you're saying just doesn't go together...

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

Pioneer DEH5100-UB

2 - P1S412

4 - Alpine SRS-600

Alpine MRP-M500

Monster 8g power/ground-1/0 Big 3

Soon to come:

2 - T1D212

RF T1500.1bdCP

RF T500.4bd

Mechman 220 amp alt

Kinetik KHC1800

Hit me up if you need help with anything in the Tulsa Area.

My best friend has an 09 Bussa. My brother-in-law just got a Kawaski Ninja ZX600 don't know the year but I think its like a 99 or 00. They've talked me into getting one I just don't know which one to go with. Now I'm a big guy 375-400lbs range and I'm tall too 6'5. I was told that I should look at getting something with a bit of power like in the 750cc - 1000cc range. I just don't want to kill myself so having absolute top speed is not an requirement for me. So what I'm looking for is something that great for a beginner, can handle my size, can somewhat keep up with the Bussa, cause I don't believe my best friend when he says he not going to open the bike up on straight highways.

A lot of what you're saying just doesn't go together...

I know hence the reason why I posted in here. So you can disregard the "keeping up with the Bussa" statement. I'm not afraid to say that I'm too chicken shit to do 180mph on a bike. But keep in mind I haven't ridden one yet so that feeling could absolutely change, yet right now that how I feel about the speed. I also don't want a cruiser either, I just don't think that would look cool as all my friend and buddies are on sports bikes and I'm riding around on a cruiser. I'm already the big guy out of the group. Don't need anything extra to make me stand out. :rofl:

There was something else I was wrong on and that was the bike I said my brother-in-law has. He doesn't have the Ninja Zx600, he's got a Honda CBR 600. And its not a 99 its a 94. My best friend does though have the 09 Hyabussa, which he got brand new that summer.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I agree I wouldn't get a bussa or something huge like that as my first bike, but your size presents a snag. I would go with a 600 or so like your bro. It will move you along fine and won't be too much for you to handle. Just take it easy. I learned on a '89 ninja 250 but I'm only 6' and 180 lol then afterwards you can move up when you get more experience

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

Pioneer DEH5100-UB

2 - P1S412

4 - Alpine SRS-600

Alpine MRP-M500

Monster 8g power/ground-1/0 Big 3

Soon to come:

2 - T1D212

RF T1500.1bdCP

RF T500.4bd

Mechman 220 amp alt

Kinetik KHC1800

Hit me up if you need help with anything in the Tulsa Area.

Out of you're choices i would choose the truimph, the best bike for a beginner.

The seating position is "quite comortable", but since it's a SS it won't be that comfortable.

It has a good usable power range.

Second choice would be a cbr600.

This is more a real SS bike, since it's a honda they are more reliable then others but do have lower HP.

Because u have never ridden a bike before this would also be a good choice.

NEVER START OUT ON A 1000CC, very deadly bikes.

Even 600-750cc are very powerfull and dangerous. (No mather what everyone says, they are very powerfull especcialy for a beginner)

3rd choice would be a yamah R6 instead of a r1, because the R1 is just way too powerfull especcially for beginners.

The aprilia posted is also a great bike (the best in my eyes..) But it's a 1000cc bike so i wouldn't recommend it.

And you would never notice that the aprilia is better then other bikes.(you just cant ride good enough.)

Don't do the Buell...

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Out of you're choices i would choose the truimph, the best bike for a beginner.

The seating position is "quite comortable", but since it's a SS it won't be that comfortable.

It has a good usable power range.

Second choice would be a cbr600.

This is more a real SS bike, since it's a honda they are more reliable then others but do have lower HP.

Because u have never ridden a bike before this would also be a good choice.

NEVER START OUT ON A 1000CC, very deadly bikes.

Even 600-750cc are very powerfull and dangerous. (No mather what everyone says, they are very powerfull especcialy for a beginner)

3rd choice would be a yamah R6 instead of a r1, because the R1 is just way too powerfull especcially for beginners.

The aprilia posted is also a great bike (the best in my eyes..) But it's a 1000cc bike so i wouldn't recommend it.

And you would never notice that the aprilia is better then other bikes.(you just cant ride good enough.)

Don't do the Buell...

What's your reasoning against the Buell bikes if you don't mind me asking? And I'm thinking that something in the 600 - 750cc range might be for me too. Again I'm trying to learn and I don't want to start off with something too powerful. The only reason I was looking at a 1000cc bike was because of my size and I didn't want to feel as if I was stressing the motor out of a 600 or 750cc bike because of my heavy frame.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Archived