Sonic Electronix

So from what im seeing some are just a lil mad that the hifi line is not putting out whats on the box...

Also why cant i find any deals on sundown amps? Are they that good that people hold on to them like one off custom stuff? Looking at all the sundown prices I see on the net for a used one, I might as well go new out the box for $50-100 more. Then with the 2500D has a MSRP $1299 , I could buy a used car or go stupid big & power a whole system off a Hifonics XX-Goliath with a few cross overs/processors (just being dumb)

they dont really sell for that much. you can get the crescendo 3k for $550

dont worry about the rms rating on the sundowns. they are accurate or under rated. hifonics has been known to, seemingly, make up numbers for their amps. it used to be that they were advertised at one rating, the box said another, call them and they tell you a different number.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

For a budget and new amp can't beat the brutus line.last amp was 2608d I couldn't complain for what I paid for it

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

So from what im seeing some are just a lil mad that the hifi line is not putting out whats on the box...

Also why cant i find any deals on sundown amps? Are they that good that people hold on to them like one off custom stuff? Looking at all the sundown prices I see on the net for a used one, I might as well go new out the box for $50-100 more. Then with the 2500D has a MSRP $1299 , I could buy a used car or go stupid big & power a whole system off a Hifonics XX-Goliath with a few cross overs/processors (just being dumb)

Because the watts the hifonics puts out aren't the same watts that the sundown puts out. :peepwall:

(and sundown does more power ;) )

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

its not all hifonics amps just the hfi line. time and time again they just dont do rated. how pissed would you be to find out your 2500 watt amp does 1200 watts?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Your looking at retail pricing.

2500D = $815

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SAZ%252d2500D.html

PS: Let me know how good that Goliath works when your clipping it to hell and back trying to get any where near rated power from it, and it goes up in flames ;)

you cant really compare costs one just watt output and size either, even though those on the hfi are max ratings and sundowns are rms.

you also have too look at the crossovers, I have a 100.4 from sundown and its got a great crossover on it.

this is funny, i never even heard of the hifonics hfi line until like two weeks ago, i thought b rutus was their low budget line, and i like brutus, but now it seems every new member to this forum is wanting to use the hfi line and they are mad because most people here are telling them tis better to save money and go to a better amp

people dont dog amps just to dog them, why is it pokauy to buy from a company that lies about what their products are capable of, if they are not truthful in their product how can you trust its quality

i get tired of people saying im cheap and i am on a tight budget, and they figure they have to go real cheap on everything, you can get a good budget build without going to the like of crappy amps like hfi or stuff youd find at walmart, and going to subs like boss, or pyle, and then being dissatisfied with the final outcome or being mad cause you cant get out fo your setup what you want, well when they say you pay for what you get, they tell the truth, you want quality you gotta put money out for it, amps like ap1500, aq1200, and the brutus line are very good budget amps, if you consider what you get, id rather go a month without b ass to save up an extra 50-100 dollars for a quality amp than buy an amp i can afford now and be dissatisfied and have to upgrade later or b lowing the amp because you try to get out of it what it states on the box and it cannot handle that

my first major build was 2 15inch kicker cvrs and a prime 500 amp and that only cost me 300 altogether including box and wiring, its not the best setup but it definitely sounded god and moved some air im my car, it prolly didnt meter well but i was happy, i didnt go cheap, i was angry that i could have gotten a brutus 2600 (cant remember exact model) for the same price i got my rf prime 500, but at the time i didnt know the brutus line was alright

im all for quantity over quality, but sometimes you gotta realize some things you just cant go cheap on when you already have a certain outcome in mind

alright enough rambling from a super noob, any confirmation on anything i said, i definitely dont know much of what im talking about and i prolly shouldn't ost about stuff like this, lol

Seems like a pretty good reason to be upset. If my amps didnt do rated...I would be pretty pissed.I know a lot of people running Brutus amps. Cant beat em for the money.

yea I just might be to... but then I gotta get few zeus for the (2) 4ch Im gone need & hope they fit the space/plans. Is the zeus line shitty too?

you are underestimating the whole "less rms on sundown" thing. here, do this. take the HFi rms ratings and cut them in half. THEN take the sundown 4 channel rms facts, and practically double them. does it look like a fair comparison between cheap and good now?

ok now I'm look more at sundown... Because if they are at the RMS &/or under rated, will that power extra power from the under rating but to much for the speakers even with the gain down??

The Hifonics is overrated while the Sundown is underrated. The Sundown will put out more power then the Hifonics 4 channel. Sundown amps are expensive because they are of great quality and perform very well.

so will Sundown last longer then Hifonics? I gotta do homework to see who's covering & fixing there amps longer.

So from what im seeing some are just a lil mad that the hifi line is not putting out whats on the box...Also why cant i find any deals on sundown amps? Are they that good that people hold on to them like one off custom stuff? Looking at all the sundown prices I see on the net for a used one, I might as well go new out the box for $50-100 more. Then with the 2500D has a MSRP $1299 , I could buy a used car or go stupid big & power a whole system off a Hifonics XX-Goliath with a few cross overs/processors (just being dumb)
they dont really sell for that much. you can get the crescendo 3k for $550dont worry about the rms rating on the sundowns. they are accurate or under rated. hifonics has been known to, seemingly, make up numbers for their amps. it used to be that they were advertised at one rating, the box said another, call them and they tell you a different number.

after looking it up the crescendo amps dont fit the space & I'll loose all the carrying space, it will just be 4 seats. then just like asked "Playa Named Joe" if sundowns are at the RMS &/or under rated, will that power extra power from the under rating but to much for the speakers even with the gain down??

For a budget and new amp can't beat the brutus line.last amp was 2608d I couldn't complain for what I paid for it

yea ok every one here saying brutus. If I go brutus, then I gotta get few zeus for the (2) 4ch Im gone need & hope they fit the space/plans. beside the space & plans I need(I WANT ALL THE AMPS TO MATCH)

So from what im seeing some are just a lil mad that the hifi line is not putting out whats on the box...Also why cant i find any deals on sundown amps? Are they that good that people hold on to them like one off custom stuff? Looking at all the sundown prices I see on the net for a used one, I might as well go new out the box for $50-100 more. Then with the 2500D has a MSRP $1299 , I could buy a used car or go stupid big & power a whole system off a Hifonics XX-Goliath with a few cross overs/processors (just being dumb)
Because the watts the hifonics puts out aren't the same watts that the sundown puts out. :peepwall: (and sundown does more power ;) )

ok I see more power with sundown, more is always better... (the MSRP on the 2500D :ohsnap::suicide-santa: )

its not all hifonics amps just the hfi line. time and time again they just dont do rated. how pissed would you be to find out your 2500 watt amp does 1200 watts?

yea me too

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

2500D = $815

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SAZ%252d2500D.html

PS: Let me know how good that Goliath works when your clipping it to hell and back trying to get any where near rated power from it, and it goes up in flames ;)

NOW THAT A BETTER PRICE!!! :clapping:

hahah the goliath part was a joke

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

2500D = $815

Yeah I hope you're joking!! Hifonics higher line (goliath, sampson, maxximus, colossus, etc) are all fairly good quality!!! As compared to the rest of the stuff they have.

I ran a bxi2010D and switched to a XX colossus, both rated @ 2000, instant upgrade!!! So much more power

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Archived