Sonic Electronix

Subwoofer Out Of Phase?

As long as both make contact..You are ok..Ok.. I would still use some small pliers and be careful not to pull the fuse to hard that you break it. Something just doesn't look right with the right one....Now ..Those coils should be 2 ohms each...Dual 2 ohm speakers...If you wire it in parallel you will get a .5 ohm load...That is low..That is all 4 positives wired together and all 4 negatives wired together...That is assuming these are dual 2 ohm DVC subs...Take em out and see if they are wired that way..I don't know if your amp is stable at .5 ohms..I see it is a RF so...I'm thinking it is proably 1 ohm stable...you really need to pull the subs out an see how they are wired..

As long as both make contact..You are ok..Ok.. I would still use some small pliers and be careful not to pull the fuse to hard that you break it. Something just doesn't look right with the right one....Now ..Those coils should be 2 ohms each...Dual 2 ohm speakers...If you wire it in parallel you will get a .5 ohm load...That is low..That is all 4 positives wired together and all 4 negatives wired together...That is assuming these are dual 2 ohm DVC subs...Take em out and see if they are wired that way..I don't know if your amp is stable at .5 ohms..I see it is a RF so...I'm thinking it is proably 1 ohm stable...you really need to pull the subs out an see how they are wired..

I do recall him saying 4 was positive 4 was negative because he was using a battery and having me touch the wire to it, while looking at the subs with a flash light. I'm gonna try and get ahold of him tonight when im offa work and ask him because he's the one who did it. if I can't get a ahold of him i'll try to pull the subs out and i'll take a picture of it wired and send it on here for now I don't think their is anything else we can do.

Thanks all for trying to help i'll have pictures of the subs wired probally tommorrow if I can find the right tools.

I'll go check for you guys on what P600 version it is.

it's a P6001.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

I would start looking for a bigger amp to push those subs, because They are 2k Rms..Those are when MTX built subs man..Just take em out and see how they are wired. Make sure all your connections are tight and that the wires are secure in there...Have any problems Pm me..I will talk you through it...

I would start looking for a bigger amp to push those subs, because They are 2k Rms..Those are when MTX built subs man..Just take em out and see how they are wired. Make sure all your connections are tight and that the wires are secure in there...Have any problems Pm me..I will talk you through it...

ok, tommorrow i'm gonna take out one of the subs "If I can" and i'll take a picture of the wiring.

I hope that'll help.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Is your box just a normal recantangular box? It sounds to me like if your playing it fine then at a certain note your loosing all cone control. Which would tell me that maybe your box has some weird angle on that side of the box and is causing the waves to act goofy. If they are working properly and your just loosing your cone control (which is what you describe) then it's probably a box issue. Box pics?

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

damienfromfrance says music cant be played on the rfl's

perhaps this could be the problem?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Got a pic of the box?

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Archived