What are your favorite audio forums?

There is an outrageous number of forums now days. Too many in my opinion.

So I really been wondering what every ones favorite forums are that they visit on a regular basis?

I think some of the answers could be interesting to see!

Im going to post this on a few sites in the off topic forums, so If theres a site that I dont visit and you do go ahead and post this up!

This maybe a way for some to find out other great sites, meet new friends, and broaden your knowledge of this hobby.

Lets keep this topic clean!!

Copy/paste my questions in your post when replying.

No one post crap like "I cant stand that guys site because he is a douche".

No singling out individual users of said sites if you dont like them.

This is not a method to bash sites or members of sites you do not like.

I dont want to see people quoting someone elses response and saying "x2", or any replies that have nothing to do with this thread.

Website name/link:

Your likes:

Your dislikes:

What keeps you coming back:

What does the site offer you the user:

How can the site improve:

Your likes:

SMD- for answering question and conversing

CACO- for buying/selling

SSA- I occasionally go on if SMD is slow

Your dislikes:

CA- its not organized and I don't think the staff really does their jobs to the fullest.

What keeps you coming back:

SMD-just look at my post count lol

This was the first car audio forum that I joined, so I think of it as a "home." I also met a few friends on here. I text them and talk to them on Facebook.

Giving the mobile theme more post options that the other themes have (bold, underlining, inserting links/pictures, etc). I memorized some codes, but it would still be nice.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Website name/link: Diyma

Your likes: knowledge of many things other then the flavor of the month

Your dislikes: like all other sites, lots of people speaking from non experience

What keeps you coming back: equipment that no other site has any experience with

What does the site offer you the user: entertainment, actual scientific kippel testing

How can the site improve: more traffic

Website name/link: SMD

Your likes: reading all the noob post, following a few build logs,

Your dislikes: layout, abundants of repeat questions

What keeps you coming back: the noobs

What does the site offer you the user: entertainment,

How can the site improve: less adds, a whole page of adds if you dont use addblockers annoying, but whatever. more streamline

Website name/link: soundpressure.com

Your likes: DD knowledge from end users

Your dislikes: like all one brand forums, theres nothing better then that product for every situation

What keeps you coming back: lots of interesting builds and experiences with product

What does the site offer you the user: product knowledge not givin anywhere else

Website name/link: talkaudiouk

Your likes: tons of knowledge on the sq aspect of the hobby,

Your dislikes: i cant always understand whats being said because people from other countries sometimes post in thier language..google translate helps but sometimes its still an issue

What keeps you coming back: knowledge

What does the site offer you the user: again knowledge

How can the site improve: imo just more people stateside knowing about it.

Website name/link:CA.com

Your likes: the sheer amount of stuff for sale on the forum be it audio or non audio. the content usually moves faster then any other audio site

Your dislikes: moderation staff is hit or miss, rules are not enforced unless someone randomly has a sandy vagina. amount of ttrash post to wade through

What keeps you coming back: i like looking at classifieds for deals

What does the site offer you the user: entertainment

How can the site improve: solid moderation, streamlined

in all i go to some sites just for purre time blowing(entertainment) others to see what others are doing with things i have no idea about and further experience with things i normally wouldnt have access too.

sites i dont visit because they just dont appeal to me

SSA

Caco

ROE

im a member on all of them but i havent been active at all in a long time other then to sell something here or there

Your likes: most everything

Your dislikes: havent really had any issues with anything

What keeps you coming back: only car audio forum i bother with, people are real cool here

What does the site offer you the user: mainly knowledge with car audio, i cmae here to learn and dont care to leave

How can the site improve: nothing for me personally, im good

Website name/link:SMD

Your likes:down to earth people, even the big guy will meet up with ya to help you out/demo's

Your dislikes:the occasional new guy who comes on talkin shit...blah blah blah is better....lol

What keeps you coming back:this is home. I have learned SOOO much these past 2 years. good friends here, and always quick responses to technical questions

What does the site offer you the user:an incredible resource, cool people to hang with, all sharing the same obsession as I

How can the site improve: could be able to sync directly with my brain, so I can always be on....

thanks SMD, you guys are really on top of shit..... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Your likes: Lots of big installs. Lots of very creative and skilled "hobbyists". It's got a real community feel.

Your dislikes: Way too many pissing matches going on all the time.

What keeps you coming back: I feel invested in all these ongoing projects and want to see what happens next.

What does the site offer you the user: Almost instant feedback on pretty much anything car audio related.

How can the site improve: ....I'd like to see some kind of automated moderating. Like when someone quotes a long post of pictures for no reason, the site should block it and smack you through your screen. :lol:

Website name/link: Talk Audio UK

Your likes: Very friendly people who are always willing to help (you will never see someone there say "use the search button noob"). I like checking out the way they can cram such big systems in such tiny cars.

Your dislikes: It's the middle of the night there when I'm on and pretty deserted. Hard to follow some of them because of the different terminology they use.

What keeps you coming back: It's the first forum I ever joined and I feel nostalgic for it sometimes.

What does the site offer you the user: Knowledge.

How can the site improve: ???

Website name/link: Crutchfield Forums

Your likes: It is very basic.

Your dislikes: It is VERY basic.

What keeps you coming back: I like being able to help just the average guy who want to put in a modest system but has no clue where to start. Most of the posters ask a question, get an answer, say thanks and never come back. I like that.

How can the site improve: Because it is owned by Crutchfield, they don't allow linking to anyone they consider a competitor. That makes it hard to recommend equipment sometimes.

Website name/link:SMD

Your likes: I know most of the people here that can offer good advice

Your dislikes: Repeat questions that have been answered a thousand times already. Too many noobs with their "vs" threads

What keeps you coming back: This was the first forum I joined and I have gotten to know a lot of the members.

What does the site offer you the user: Entertainment, advice and a ton of builds to follow

How can the site improve: No complaints

PS- The main reason I stay here is because most of all the topics started here are also posted on every other major forum. Almost every member here with a thread count of over 500 has an account at SSA,CACO,CA etc etc. Just makes it easier to stay here and post.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg