SPL Gains!! Updates @page 30 (routing the port)

fecupe2001

:sadwavey:

im curious if the flush mount was tested before and after a round over. and what "front/rear/sub" means...

Possible HU settings maybe? Don't most quality HU have Front Channels, Rear Channels and a Sub channel (or something of the sort?) I'm just taking a guess as Ive only had experience with my POS HU...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

still no update??? im waiting for moar deebeezzzz

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Results?

I feel like I am in a Heinz katsup commercial... anticipation its making me wait.

Results?

I feel like I am in a Heinz katsup commercial... anticipation its making me wait.

that was wrong so very wrong rofl.gif

lmao

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Yea after I posted that I was thinking a lot of people here were not even born yet :)

How about Elevator music

Still Waiting on results :)

hahahaha ketchup video was awesome, anticipation! hahaha

Sorry about taking so long guys, i had to go to a buddy´s house and ended up drinking A LOT and got home around 2 AM, i´m going to the car right now to look for the camera, updates in about 15 minutes, stay around :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Ok guys, updates are here, they aren´t much, but at least i´m still able to help you guys getting louder hehe, after this, i feel like i only need to try routing the edges of a slot port and also flare it with PVC , i found a slot port box of a friend that i´m gonna try this things to see exactly how much we can gain, anyways, here we come.

First test: The sexplorer

Equipment: 1200 watts and 2 12´s

This is a box i´m testing right now, score is way over 146 @ 42 hz right now, at the moment of this test, loudest score was 145.94 dbs, that score was constant as hell depending on tempeture, i played with HU settings a lot and that was the loudest i could get by using the Subwoofer RCA output from the HU, so , i wanted to show you guys something i learned a few years ago when i competed at Iasca.

Initial Score:

cimg1085s.jpg

I use an Almani 1100.2 for my mids and a powerbass 400.4 for my highs, so, i disconnect the Subwoofer RCA from the 1200 watts amplifier that i´m using for the subs and used the REAR RCA, new score:

cimg1086m.jpg

So far, i gained 0.03 dbs , after that, i disconnected those RCA and connected the FRONT RCA to the amplifier of the subs, i did this in only a few seconds, no charging the batts or anything:

BOOM!

cimg1083a.jpg

After this, i left the FRONT RCA plugged to the 1200 watts amp that´s pushing the subs and charged the batts before burping the last time, i don´t have a pic of the final score, but it was a 146.19 dbs!!!! We are talking about a 0.25 dbs gain by using the FRONT OUTPUT RCA from the HU instead of the SUBWOOFER RCA OUTPUT , once again, i tried all kind of settings on the HU and amplifier before when i was using the Sub RCA output and the loudest i could get was 145.94 dbs, and this score was VERY constant!!!

Second test: The big3 and upgrading a crappy Positive wire from battery to amplifier :)

For this test, my boy waldo called me, he´s the one that bought the POS box that i was using on this SPL gains topic at the beggining, story:

Car: Mazda Protege 1998 (trunk car)

Electrical: Stock batt, stock alt, no big3 and 8 gauge wire from battery to amplifier

Box and sub: 1.5 c/f and 4" aeroport(pvc with heated flares) tuned to 39 hz and a 12" 350 watts pioneer sub wich is from year 2004

Amplifier: Crappy 400 watts Sony Xplod

First Test: Upgrading wire from battery to amplifier to a 4 gauge and doing the big2 (only from battery to chassis and from engine block to chassis).

First Score:

25428119736301751471074.jpg

Not the best pic ever but you get the idea hehe

27081920369507581221074.jpg

New Score :)

cimg1087v.jpg

And now, the moment everyone was waiting for, FLUSH MOUNTED SUB :yahoo:

This is the POS box as it looked at the beggining:

26738820352260750061074.jpg

cimg1088sk.jpg

Ok, for this test, i drank A LOT of beers haha, so when i was flush mounting the sub, i didn´t cut the new hole very good, so i ended up with a small distance between the sub and the hole, something like 0.15" maybe? i dunno, i think score could have been even better if i would worked better on this, but since this is a cheap and fun topic, i didn´t mind hehe.

Ok, first of, i didn´t want to glue the wood in case score dropped, so at the beggining, i only used like 4 screws and no glue, first score:

cimg1089.jpg

New Score:

cimg1091c.jpg

Since we saw a 0.2 dbs gain, i proceeded to glue the new top baffle and screw it down very nice, also, the amazing beautification process with some sexy ass black paint spray :)

cimg1093d.jpg

As you can see, i didn{t round over the edges of that wood because of lazyness, but i´ll that for you guys soon :)

Anyways, new score:

BOOOMMM!!!!!

cimg1092c.jpg

I´m surprised that i saw such a big gain by just flush mounting the sub, before you guys ask, YES the sub was very well sealed, no leaking around it or anything before the flush mounting process. I´m very pleased with the results i´ve gotten on this car, he payed 50$ for the amp and 15$ for the sub, i sold him the box for 20$ and he uses a crappy 1650 Pioneer HU without crossover or anything that costed him 30$ , around 50$ on electrical also, we are talking around 200$ invested on this system and this old trunk car is over 140 dbs now on a 100% daily box, he´s peaking high tho but the box sounds amazing, he scored a 139.4 @ 42 hz also, not bad for only 200$ :)

Anyways, hope this updates can help you out , Slot ported box updates are coming in a few days, stay around boys and girls :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

those updates are surprising! i dont understand how either of those could show a gain but i like it!

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

fecupe2001 I have one I want you to try that should give you good results.

try the difference between infrasonic Filter on and infrasonic Filter off. If your just going to burp for competition you should be able to turn infrasonic Filter off and gain on the meter.

Archived