Sonic Electronix

OK, this thread has been cleaned up now. If i have to come in and clean up any more crap between the 3 problem children in this thread, people will be taking some time off from SMD. You are all grown ass men so stop acting like E thuggin argumentative 12 year olds. ITS FUCKIN RETARDED.

Now, you want to stop issues with corrosion on a wire? On open terminals, crimp it (with a good crimping device), solder the end to seal off all exposed wires and help induce better continuity and they use this magical stuff called HEAT SHRINK..

If it is a closed terminal like a welding lug, crimp, drill the end open to solder if you so desire then heat shrink the connection. People seem to forget that moisture WILL seep in that small area between the wires insulation and the lug terminal you are using. A sealing type double walled heat shrink is your best bet at preventing corrosion issues

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

soldering with pure silver is best and is most conductive and i would recommend soldering 4 and 0ga wire usually if the solder joint is good solder has better conductivity in general

Ah but silver-bead solder SUCKS. It has to get SO much hotter. Lead/tin solder flows so much better. The conductivity shouldn't matter THAT much, most of the copper is in direct contact with the terminal anyway.

Unless like I said you suck at soldering like me lol. 12 ton hydraulic crimper FTW

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

Pioneer DEH5100-UB

2 - P1S412

4 - Alpine SRS-600

Alpine MRP-M500

Monster 8g power/ground-1/0 Big 3

Soon to come:

2 - T1D212

RF T1500.1bdCP

RF T500.4bd

Mechman 220 amp alt

Kinetik KHC1800

Hit me up if you need help with anything in the Tulsa Area.

OK, this thread has been cleaned up now. If i have to come in and clean up any more crap between the 3 problem children in this thread, people will be taking some time off from SMD. You are all grown ass men so stop acting like E thuggin argumentative 12 year olds. ITS FUCKIN RETARDED.

Now, you want to stop issues with corrosion on a wire? On open terminals, crimp it (with a good crimping device), solder the end to seal off all exposed wires and help induce better continuity and they use this magical stuff called HEAT SHRINK..

If it is a closed terminal like a welding lug, crimp, drill the end open to solder if you so desire then heat shrink the connection. People seem to forget that moisture WILL seep in that small area between the wires insulation and the lug terminal you are using. A sealing type double walled heat shrink is your best bet at preventing corrosion issues

THANK YOU.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

All of the wires in my car are soldered, even the big ones. But if I have it my way then I would have gotten some hydrolic crimpers for the 1/0 and saved time.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Idc what everyone else says. I solder no matter what kinda wire it is. With all the vibrations in the car, shit will come loose eventually. Would you rather have a 100 story skyscraper just "locked" together, or a welded frame? Yeah.

Soldering is not welding. Soldering is taking some sh!tty soft metal (why do you think you can melt it with a $10 thing that plugs into the wall) and running it between the other components.

Welding involves melting the components at their surface so that when it cools they are physically joined.

A proper crimp actually achieves what is called 'cold welding' where, due to the maleability of the metals, the 2 components physically merge.

There's a damn good reason that all the wires in your car are crimped, everything in aerospace is crimped, anything in power generation or transmission is crimped (well not any more, they use those twist-off bolt lugs now) and it's not because soldering a wire that big would take too long.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived