Second Skin Audio

2001 tahoe 6 12's box design?

dallasjd

The kickers won't like playing down at 32hz..

Resonant freq of that truck is 41hz.

And everything firing back will pwn subs up port back.

What makes you say they won't like playing that low? Depending on if he has the new '10 model or the '07 model, the '07 being a better ported woofer, it's still is going to play fine down that low. If he wants a daily box that can play anything I wouldn't build a box around the resonant frequency of the vehicle...

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

The kickers won't like playing down at 32hz..

Resonant freq of that truck is 41hz.

And everything firing back will pwn subs up port back.

What makes you say they won't like playing that low? Depending on if he has the new '10 model or the '07 model, the '07 being a better ported woofer, it's still is going to play fine down that low. If he wants a daily box that can play anything I wouldn't build a box around the resonant frequency of the vehicle...

what makes me think that?

owning that vehicle, and building a "few" boxes before.

As long as the F3 is down at 32hz it will play just fine, but a CVR will not "love" the low-end..

It's just that woofer.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

ray you dummy head take your 160s and shove em. youdont know nothing lol.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ray you dummy head take your 160s and shove em. youdont know nothing lol.

no 60's here.

Maybe a few 58's though.

But thats besides the point.

It more about the 2000 or so systems .. or the crazy data i keep.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

As long as the F3 is down at 32hz it will play just fine, but a CVR will not "love" the low-end..

It's just that woofer.

That could be a valid point if we were talking about the CVR.

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

It's just that woofer.

That could be a valid point if we were talking about the CVR.

OP said "ok i have a friend he dosent have a lot of money but this is what he has 6 12's kicker comps"

did I miss something?

OP said "ok i have a friend he dosent have a lot of money but this is what he has 6 12's kicker comps"

did I miss something?

Comp, as in the bottom line Comp subs. Not the Comp VR's. The '07 and '10 model CVR's are better suited for sealed boxes in the 8"-12" sizes, but the 15" versions are good ported candidates.

did I miss something?

Comp, as in the bottom line Comp subs. Not the Comp VR's. The '07 and '10 model CVR's are better suited for sealed boxes in the 8"-12" sizes, but the 15" versions are good ported candidates.

so he said the the CVR wont love the low end, and the comp is the cheaper sub, it prob will do worse on the low end then the CVR which he said...

the quality goes down the lower the line you go on kicker... so technically, by default, what he said is still true....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

the comps are worse subs for lows then comp vr's

I dont see your point....hopefully when you do designs for people your knowledge is a little better then that.

I've done a TON of box designs as well, kicker comps and comp vrs point blank suck ass in that range

Archived