Sonic Electronix

Ok so I've seen video here & there of system with custom gain knobs. I even seen the one meade did... the knobs are made from something you would find in every version on that car/truck or out of something you see every day & wouldnt look at twice. But then that same little pin,nut,lighter, & ect. is the gain/bass knob in that whole system on same 007 type stuff. Yea its kool but looked & there is no one or site telling you how to make your own custom knob out of things in you car/truck. I'm looking for some type of guide lines or maybe even step by step on making a custom gain/bass knob just so I dont go in Fu*k mine up when I get it with the amp....

here the the lost people, like the video loganberry posted in 1/2011 SOTM voting topic. here is a custom gain/bass knob, watch the lighter

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

It just takes ingenuity. The little knob on the bass knob setup DOES come off, leaving just a little nub to connect and rig up to something. And on top of that, the case around the knob also can be removed, leaving just circuitry which you can then connect and use and whatnot.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

It just takes ingenuity. The little knob on the bass knob setup DOES come off, leaving just a little nub to connect and rig up to something. And on top of that, the case around the knob also can be removed, leaving just circuitry which you can then connect and use and whatnot.

hummm ok... thanks.

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

I did the lighter trick in my first build ever. I was 15. Lol! People sh!t bricks when they saw that. Lol!

tell us how you did it...

^^^^ yea

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

My Build

nice, i am going to do this eventually but i even attempted to but i could not get my lighter socket out lol. there is a huge metal plate below it and the dash above so i cant get to the back of the socket to get it out lol. but yea if someone can do like a build log on doing this that would be awesome. or i will once i figure it out....

its kinda hard to get the actual lighter to fit over the small tip of the where the knob goes thats why i just stayed with the knock that came with the "epicenter"

heres one video i found on youtube

same idea

Archived