Sonic Electronix

Ok, so, I had originally wanted to wall my cavi with 4 soundstream RW 12s, have the subs and enclosures, but decided now, I want to go up from the RWs to the T5s....my question is, is there really a big difference in them?as far as sound? louder? SQ? Also, my enclosures for my RWs are 2.25 cubic foot per sub, with a 2" slot port, per sub, tuned to 32HZ...would I need to build new enclosures for the t5s or will they be fine in the enclosures I have now for the RWs? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by bullet0597

step one: feel like a dumbass driving that car around.

step two: buy some decent woofers, DC, DD, FI, something.

step three: facepalm at yourself.

Edit: Just curious on how much those lambo door hinges cost. could have had a really nice system for what those cost alone.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Edit: Just curious on how much those lambo door hinges cost. could have had a really nice system for what those cost alone.

Lambos pretty much I got paid to take them lol. I got 2 sets of lambo hinges, for doing come carbon fiber work for a guy and a air ride gauge that I wasnt going to use and had next to nothing into

Lambos pretty much I got paid to take them lol. I got 2 sets of lambo hinges, for doing come carbon fiber work for a guy and a air ride gauge that I wasnt going to use and had next to nothing into

Forgot to add, I sold the second set for $175...so, thats how I pretty much got paid to take them

That wasn't a helpful reply at all. Soundstream makes great subs. They make great everything...

Second, the car looks kind of sick to me, i wouldn't feel like a dumbass in it.

Third, there called vertical doors, or scissor doors. not lambo doors. Lamborghini didn't invent that look, at all. It was on an alfa romeo first.

As for the Op, 2.25 cubes is actually closer to the recommended size for the t5, than it is for the Reference. They may sound slightly different, but i'd say it'll be better, as for loudness, if your giving them the same power, they'll probably be about the same.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

That wasn't a helpful reply at all. Soundstream makes great subs. They make great everything...

Second, the car looks kind of sick to me, i wouldn't feel like a dumbass in it.

Third, there called vertical doors, or scissor doors. not lambo doors. Lamborghini didn't invent that look, at all. It was on an alfa romeo first.

As for the Op, 2.25 cubes is actually closer to the recommended size for the t5, than it is for the Reference. They may sound slightly different, but i'd say it'll be better, as for loudness, if your giving them the same power, they'll probably be about the same.

Thanks for the positive reply! As for the subs, I would be giving the t5s their rated power, maybe a bit more in a burp...since they are rated for more...the main thing im worried about is if the port area is ok from the RW enclosures.....the port is 16 3/4" long, 16" high, and 2" per sub.....if it would be better since soundstream recommends a 4" port for the t5s, I could take out the divider making the port a common port for 2 subs, making the port 4 3/4".....just some ideas i came up with, not sure what would be better.....i was wanting to go to the t5s if i could, if i could use the same enclosures, and them be a bit louder...

Haha, This guys a fucking retard... Running a 1990 Jeep 2 dr with two of Fi's lowest line subwoofers and hes ragging on this dude? Jesus. I guess you are a "budget" bumper or just a loser.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

I personally love soundstreams equipment, have run the tarantula series stuff for 2 years no problem. As forthe t5s, they will put in work.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Sweet. Thanks for the input guys! Only bad thing I have heard was that on the t5s they used cheap glue to glue the surround to the cone and it separates, but thats not a big deal, can easily be fixed...

My main concern now is port area and these enclosures being ok for the t5s....ive looked everywhere online but cant seem to find anything that gives me an answer as far as port area, all the calculators come up with crazy numbers....i got exact enclosure measurements now if they could help in someone helping mme find the port area? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Enclosure (Outer dimensions, wood thickness included- 0.75" MDF)

20" deep

15" tall

40" wide

Port dimensions (Dimensions PER port, total of 4 ports, 1 per sub, inside dimensions, wood thickness not included) - (SLOT PORTS) -

13.5" tall

2.5" wide

22" long