wiring sub woofers in parallel with different ohms.

i was wondering if its possible to have 2 dual 2ohm voice coil as well as 1 dual 4 ohm voice coil parallel with the 2 ohms dual voice coil subs. soo 2ohm + 2ohm + 1ohm = 1ohm. insted of 2 + 2 + 2 = 1.3 ohm. is it possible? or will the amp go into protect?

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

That depend on the amp. Some amp may be able to handle it for short or long period of times. Might want to check to see if that amp able to handle that load on the manual.

i was wondering if its possible to have 2 dual 2ohm voice coil as well as 1 dual 4 ohm voice coil parallel with the 2 ohms dual voice coil subs. soo 2ohm + 2ohm + 1ohm = 1ohm. insted of 2 + 2 + 2 = 1.3 ohm. is it possible? or will the amp go into protect?

it won't hurt the amp to put subs with different ohm VCs on it. However your subs will see power based on their ohm. Your D2s will see different power than you D4. And your math is off. A D2 sub can be 1 or 4 and a D4 sub can be 8 or 2. The end result is either .73, 1, .8, or 1.4

None of it matters because you don't want to do it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

it won't hurt the amp to put subs with different ohm VCs on it. However your subs will see power based on their ohm. Your D2s will see different power than you D4. And your math is off. A D2 sub can be 1 or 4 and a D4 sub can be 8 or 2. The end result is either .73, 1, .8, or 1.4

None of it matters because you don't want to do it.

I agree, if you have them all in parallel, your D2ohm subs will see twice the power that the D4ohm subs will see. Its not the load that the amp sees in which determines your power to each individual woofer, its the impedence of the woofer itself. The ohm load that the amplifier sees is what determines the amound of power sent out to the whole series, not each subwoofer individually.

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

How does a sport like this do in tough economic times? Just fine. There are 465 events listed in the current season. "Our competitors can't even spell recession," says dB drag racing impresario Wayne Harris. "They're young, and some of them still live at home. They put all their energy and money into their cars. They're competitive. They're at that age."

DO NOT MIX VOICE COIL CONFIGURATIONS, EVER!!!!!

well you can't really say ever. you can do it to get different amounts of power to speakers. I can't think of a sub woofer set up you would want to use it for, but there could be times with mid bass, mids, and tweeters that it could come in handy. Though it would be some crazy passive crossover stuff going on to do it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

DO NOT MIX VOICE COIL CONFIGURATIONS, EVER!!!!!

1168834-calm_down_bro_super.jpg

You're not going to hurt anything. It's possible, just not very applicable in your case. If you want to experiment just make sure they are in different enclosures. Of course the speakers are going to behave differently due to what each impedance is.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D