Jump to content

OK... I want you SMD freaks to help choose which dash will be in the Hummer!!  

108 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Version do you like best for Trippi's hummer... remember this is a mockup!!

    • Version 1 kicks ass!!! ROCK THAT!!
    • Version 2 is the best!!! CRANK THAT!!!
    • dude, for real they both suck... put the factory back in!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Both are sick. I voted #2 over #1 just because it looks cleaner IMO. Good shit Ric

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Posted

hey Ric...heres the puss asses who voted #3 but didnt have the balls to say anything

Symmetry9898

mazdaspl

Playa Named Joe

Hey Ric, first off im not he kind of guy that will hind behind a vote.. here i am telling you why i did not like them. Both designs have the speakers right infront of your face behind the steering wheel. that personally is not my taste in placement.. If you had a choice #3 like #1 minus those 2 speakers that would have got my vote..

Jay

Jay, I appreciate the comments... I was joking when I made the comment earlier... thats why i even said that meade, trippi and hobby made the comments. lol

I just want to know what it was that made you not like either that's all. now you said like number 1 minus those two speakers... you mean the ones in the a pillar??? or minus the ones behind the steering wheel?

Trippi wants 200 speakers in there... that's the problem. If I was building this for SQ or for me would it have 8 8"s in the dash like this??? hell no.

but this is an extreme setup, crazy, insane... that is what he is going for...

please elaborate on what you exactly mean though... I take every opinion seriously. they are opinions... but they help me to do a better job.

Thanks Jay!

-Ric

Hey Ric,

I know for sure that you building a crazy setup and I respect that.. The design I like is #1 minus the 2 speakers behind the steering wheel..I would think it would look great with more on the a pillar in different size speakers, and a few more in the corners of the dash..

Jay

Posted

I voted on the second one. Personally, i'd like to have gauges, but with the amount of speakers that he wants, it would look good with #2. However, I agree with whoever said that the dash should have more to it than a flat look. Give that some character (some tweeters in it), and make it look nice.

Posted

Hey Ric,

This is what I was thinking.. I know I suck at using the paint program but here it is..

0131011151.jpg

Posted

/\/\/\ thats not bad IMO i know it wont be drivin a whole lot but id still like to have some type of gauge cluster even if its just a few auto meters or dakota digitals... but i would say either do like jay said and clear the area around the steering wheel and or put gauges back behind the wheel.. or put some gauges under where the ipad was last time or something maybe in the console???

and this is by no means up to me or anyone but you and the OWNER, but i rly just dont like all the same sized speakers across the dash i think it wouldnt look as bulky or plain (flat fiberglassed dash as mentioned early) but with choice #1 if you had some ranges in there like some 4" (pillars with tweets or wte) and some 6.5" maybe around the steering wheel or where it gets closer to the pillars just to help with the transition from dash to pillars/doors....

im no fiberglasser by no means this are just my personal opinons...

hope thats not too much lol

good luck, and as with everything that iv seen by watching the build/rebuild i know which ever you guys end up choosing it will be sick!!! :clapping::clapping:

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

Posted

I ACCIDENTALY picked Version 1, But I MEANT to pick Version 2 :Doh: So yes Version 2!!

  • pa-pa-platypus

  • sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Posted

vote #2

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK

Posted

I know he wants 200 but that doesn't mean they need to be 200 8's. I'm not sure if he's set on brand or anything like that but I'd build the a-pillars with these http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=290-212 I know they are a midbass but range up to 10khz and are only $15 each! and throw a few 6.5's or even 10's in the dash just to break up the constant speaker size. nothing will really catch the eye like the rest of the truck does.

Posted

i actually like version 1 better but that wont leave any room for gauges..so #2 it is..I had gauges in the last setup too but never got around to hooking them up before the rebuild started. Now i just gotta figure out where to put some 10s in the seats..lol. Jokes ric...just jokes

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5856 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...