Sonic Electronix

Largest Neodymium Magnet In The World

Judging by the title of the video I expected to see something huge but this is only 6" in diameter and 2" thick. Judging by pictures it seems like some woofers have bigger neodymium magnets then this. Could someone clarify this?

http://www.dump.com/2011/01/29/largest-neodymium-magnet-in-the-world-video/

Judging by the title of the video I expected to see something huge but this is only 6" in diameter and 2" thick. Judging by pictures it seems like some woofers have bigger neodymium magnets then this. Could someone clarify this?

http://www.dump.com/2011/01/29/largest-neodymium-magnet-in-the-world-video/

Which subs have one piece of Neo that big?

Subs really don't have much Neo at all, as it is not needed.

People don't realize, sometimes to much motor force is a bad thing.

Judging by the title of the video I expected to see something huge but this is only 6" in diameter and 2" thick. Judging by pictures it seems like some woofers have bigger neodymium magnets then this.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

The guy in that vid is either the most careful person in the world, or really retarded, get that caught on something with you in between and it will squash you flat. Just saying, you wouldn't want to hold it against your stomach and stand with your back to the fridge.

Also, if you let this come together with another neo magnet (or chunk of metal) without anything between them and they shatter pretty damn well.

http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70_71

They sell some nice neo magnets, I've been thinking about trying to make my own motor for another custom sub.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Judging by the title of the video I expected to see something huge but this is only 6" in diameter and 2" thick. Judging by pictures it seems like some woofers have bigger neodymium magnets then this.

The neo you see on the Fis are actually small. Its a lot of steel in the motor that is needed to make sure a larger neo magnet doesn't over saturate the motor

The DDz subs, I don't know much about them, but those big blocks I think are lower grade neo, or not fully charged. Since magnets don't only get charged at full charge, you can charge a magnet that needs 1000volts charge with only 100 volts to test different aspects, and get different T/S parameters from a speaker

But yeah, there are Neo magnets that get bigger

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The neo you see on the Fis are actually small. Its a lot of steel in the motor that is needed to make sure a larger neo magnet doesn't over saturate the motor

The DDz subs, I don't know much about them, but those big blocks I think are lower grade neo, or not fully charged. Since magnets don't only get charged at full charge, you can charge a magnet that needs 1000volts charge with only 100 volts to test different aspects, and get different T/S parameters from a speaker

But yeah, there are Neo magnets that get bigger

Judging by pics I've seen of The Z (I had some good ones that showed the magnet properly) the neo blocks seem to be separate to the big ones the run the high of the motor. They seem to be off to the side facing the coil, but it's just a guess, I wish I had those pics.

EDIT: Here is a very average pic of what I mean.

z12side.jpg

You see the blocks facing the coil?

What happens when it becomes over saturated?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Yeah, I know that motor pretty good

over saturation is not musical, its only good for spl

when you have so much Bl- motor force, its not a good thing on musical ability, basically the coil just wants to jump to its extreme north, or south in a over saturated motor.

Thats the case for using more steel, less neo, like in the Fis, IAs and other subs

But these DDzs, well, no wonder they are the loudest speakers on earth, right?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

so..say some company dose was DD is doing..and just build strong subs with huge coils and oversized magnets..they could be louder on burps and thats it??

i suck once its past the rms rateing..lol

but i do get that huge motor fource and such is probly bad once to much..lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Archived