Pro Audio VS Car Audio Mids

OBI

pa's get louder but sound like crap up close, I don't care what anybody says they sound like crap. they are made to sound good much further than you can get inside a car. up close you can hear the distortion

ok.. for this one... simple

they are louder (generally) as you say... it's not that they are distorting... its that your ears just cannot take it and that is why they sound distorted. If you walk 20ft away and they are clear, or they are setup properly there is no distortion.

keep the volume down a bit when you are in there if you cannot handle it. that simple. :)

From my experience both setups can sound nice if tuned right...it's just that pro audio speakers wil be wayyyyy louder. And i guess it depends what ur looking for..if u want it very loud and clear pro audio is the way to go. Beyma, RCF, 18 sound, EV..all good choices. Good luck

These two have never heard a PA system :peepwall:

haha No but Trippi's Hummer sounds amazing both times i've heard it with different setups. Rick and Ed tuned them very well and they sounded fantastic. Granted the super tweeters are killer so stand about 20ft back and your good :pardon:

Good work Ric and Trippi I lookd forward to see you both and the hummer again

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

they sound horrible compared to mine :shrug: covering freq response is a very small part of what makes a speaker sound good

but I'm a sq guy so I doubt I will ever hear a pa system to change my mind

do you have any pics of your system? i have seen your name on the forum(s) for years but i dont think i have ever seen any of your systems. That dont mean you dont have one, just means i never seen it, and i miss a ton of stuff.

link?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Trippi's H2....if you have heard it then you know LOUD AND CLEAR how well pro audio drivers sound.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Sounding "clear" doesn't make it sound good. ;)

Pro audio is louder, and sometimes sounds less good.

Depends on price.

I would go with pro audio if i wanted to make a loud vehicle that has to sound decent, instead of 10 component sets.

But car audio, is easier to set up.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

they sound horrible compared to mine :shrug: covering freq response is a very small part of what makes a speaker sound good

but I'm a sq guy so I doubt I will ever hear a pa system to change my mind

do you have any pics of your system? i have seen your name on the forum(s) for years but i dont think i have ever seen any of your systems. That dont mean you dont have one, just means i never seen it, and i miss a ton of stuff.

link?

im wondering the same...i see him a lot on here and caco...but never any pics of his setup. i know he has a shocker sig...thats about it lol

im not a fan of how pa's sound unless your just trying to overpower bass, as far as Fantastic SQ speakers go id have to go with he Hybrid Audio Legatia speakers. Sounded Much better than the Focal, and CDT setups i had heard before

Lol. Guy asks about car audio mids, and you go straight to the top.

If he's asking about PA drivers, I don't think HAT is what he is looking for.

im not a fan of how pa's sound unless your just trying to overpower bass, as far as Fantastic SQ speakers go id have to go with he Hybrid Audio Legatia speakers. Sounded Much better than the Focal, and CDT setups i had heard before

Lol. Guy asks about car audio mids, and you go straight to the top.

If he's asking about PA drivers, I don't think HAT is what he is looking for.

LOL no shit.

I am sure a set of HAT comps could keep up with a wall of subs, they do cost a lot right? Isn't that the perquisite? How much you pay?

LOL

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png