DC Sound Lab

DC Amp pics (random shots)

To the guy who didnt like the alan head screws:

They are pretty damn tough. i cranked onto them with both the alan wrench that came in the box as well as one that i have that fits it even better than the ones that come with the amp. they didnt chip or strip at all when i cranked onto them so the terminals and screws are very good. it may not be made in the us but what is these days? i think its high quality but we will find out for sure in the spring/summer when i get near the end of my build and hook it up to my fosgate t1 6.5's.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I didn't like them because I think phillips is just easier.

I said bad thing about phillips is cause they strip easy. But mostly cause of people using cordless drills instead of screw drivers.

Allen is bar way better at not stripping, to a extent, but they will strip. I just don't like the fact you have to keep up with 2 extra pieces, if you want to mess with your amp. Just a preference, nothing more.

Where do I get pricing on the 4ch & a 2k from, to see what i need to save. Some pm prices (all these DC reps here)?!? Plus after looking a the site more dose (Heatsink Length / Heatsink Width / Heatsink Height) = Length, Width, & Height of the whole amp??

Is the 175.4 1ohm stable?

the DC site N/A but I think it might because look how big it is...

Size doesn't quiet justify if the amp is stable at lower ohms.

Its big because of it being a Class AB, and with that design you need more components than a Class D.

Its quiet uncommon these days for a Class AB to be 1ohm stable. I doubt DC really needed to make it 1ohm stable. But never hurts to ask.

No the 175.4 is not 1 ohm stable.

No it will not handle 16v+

I told Rusty to hold on to mine till I get to the shop in a couple weeks lol I want to put it in where its nice and warm lol

I learned this last week when I talked to Rusty... He did however give me a great idea... So, I can't wait to see the new amps...

What is it stable to???

whats the idea

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

How does a DC 2000 or 3500 compare to an AQ2200 or 3500?

Well from what we've been told is they are built at the same build house but i havent seen any clamped numbers on any of the amps so its hard to compare in that aspect. But im sure the 2k and 2200 are very close and the 3500 just by the specs is rated like 800 rms less but id like to say that number is rated very conservativly. Maybe somebody will clamp some soon :)

Edited by Trâgîk

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)