Second Skin Audio

Which Kicker 12" subs?

MaxStanden

keeker i think mainly has a bad rap i think its mainly cause you can get better for the price you pay

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Thats what I started to gather from the ammount of newbies like me buying them. Buddy has a MTX 12" in his accord which sounds ok but from what I gather MTX is more of a entry level brand to right?

gone whippin

Ya and while ive never used them most ppl will tell you theyve gone wY down in wuality over the years.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

i say e series from sundown will get you moving if you don't wanna go gun ho right away

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Hey fellow Canadian!

It really comes down to how much money you want to spend on it. How much electrical work you want/can do. If your running all stock everything, i wouldn't go past 500 (ish) watts.

If i was to buy kicker, i would look into their vx or L7 series. They are pretty decent from what i heard.

Do you know the difference between the VX, VR ,CompS, CompD ect ect? still a little confused at the difference between them all and what amp would you suggest? I was hoping to not have to upgrade much electrical but at what point do systems start requiring new Alt, batt ect ect?

Cheers!

Personally, i would start to do electrical upgrades when its past 500 watts on a car. First i would do the big 3, then alt, then battery(s) most cars have 40-70 amp alts, trucks and suv's have 75-140 amp alts (stock of course) And the diffrence between the VX, VR, CompS etc, is the rms and magnet size. BTW, What kind of music do you listen to the most? i wouldn't buy a 12" if i listen to low deep bass, and i wouldn't buy a 18" if i listened to speed metal.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

They have some good stuff too. Most of the brands you hear about all the time like kicker, mtx, alpine, pioneer,Kenwood, Rockford and jl all have a wide range of components. Some are garbage, where as others are amazing. The other brands I listed skip the garbage and go straight to what entry level should be and go all the way up to some of the most amazing drivers and amps the world has ever seen, especially price considered. You get way more woofer from soundqubed than most anyone else for the same money.

Hey fellow Canadian!

It really comes down to how much money you want to spend on it. How much electrical work you want/can do. If your running all stock everything, i wouldn't go past 500 (ish) watts.

If i was to buy kicker, i would look into their vx or L7 series. They are pretty decent from what i heard.

Do you know the difference between the VX, VR ,CompS, CompD ect ect? still a little confused at the difference between them all and what amp would you suggest? I was hoping to not have to upgrade much electrical but at what point do systems start requiring new Alt, batt ect ect?

Cheers!

Personally, i would start to do electrical upgrades when its past 500 watts on a car. First i would do the big 3, then alt, then battery(s) most cars have 40-70 amp alts, trucks and suv's have 75-140 amp alts (stock of course) And the diffrence between the VX, VR, CompS etc, is the rms and magnet size. BTW, What kind of music do you listen to the most? i wouldn't buy a 12" if i listen to low deep bass, and i wouldn't buy a 18" if i listened to speed metal.

Mostly Rap, Hip Hop, Trap, Electro, EDM and top 40 is what I mainly listen to

gone whippin

They have some good stuff too. Most of the brands you hear about all the time like kicker, mtx, alpine, pioneer,Kenwood, Rockford and jl all have a wide range of components. Some are garbage, where as others are amazing. The other brands I listed skip the garbage and go straight to what entry level should be and go all the way up to some of the most amazing drivers and amps the world has ever seen, especially price considered. You get way more woofer from soundqubed than most anyone else for the same money.

If you were to choose a system for one of the cars I listed judging by the music I listen to which system would you buy to make it BUMPIN on a fair budget?

gone whippin

Archived