Second Skin Audio

under seats getting low

PinkFreud65

One thing to keep in mind with ported 8"s is they very often have rather peaky output compared to what a larger sub would have. For example two 8's vx one 12", similar size boxes, very different frequency response. This is especially true with X8s. Peaky output can make it harder to integrate the subs with the rest of the system and may make it so the sub only sound really good on certain songs and not others.

I don't know if it will be possible to make anything other than 8's work in your situation, maybe forward firing 10's. Its just something to consider. If you must use 8's, on a 1,600 watt amp I'd be temped to go with a pair of SA-8s over a pair of X-8s.

That is a really good point and I can attest to the fact that 8s are peaky. My truck is pretty picky about which frequencies it likes to get loud at.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

interesting. why SA over Xs?

The only advantage the Xs have is their higher power handling. The SA-8 are still peaky, but the X8s are significantly worse in this regard. Peaky is good when you are going for max SPL over a limited frequency range, but its less desirable when you want to listen to a wider range of music.

1600 watts into two SA-8s is going to be about as much as you would want to do, but with properly set gains and some common sense when playing them it should be fine.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

so... what are the odds that I could get a single 12 under that seat ported?

Just tell him to shut up and let you get him loud

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Why not build the box see what kind of room you have 1st , I have 2011 Silverado and I don't see a 12 fitting under there I couldn't make room for a dc lvl 2 10,i m sure you could if built the box and crammed it in ,then the seat wouldn't fold completely down.thats not my style. facing forward going to be a task cause front height of seat is around 9",or you can raise the seat which is not hard depending on your skill level best bet is couple 8" driver side fire forward ,port firing to passenger side which some port may need to extend out the box. good luck with the build

Your biggest issue is your port area eating up box space that's what I ran into .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived