ChevyBoy95 Posted February 12, 2011 Report Posted February 12, 2011 I hate to bust your bubble but that is pretty much the going retail rate for wire. We charge $8.00 for RF 1/0 and $4.00 for RF 4gauge. We also have db link but they are only a dollar or so cheaper a foot. Shops gotta pay bills too. I wish consumers would realize that. Knu is much better imo than RF wire and knu sells it through ebay for 1.95 a foot... Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
k3n12ock Posted February 12, 2011 Report Posted February 12, 2011 They overcharge so they can stay in business. And they're open for people who know nothing about car audios. That is all. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
zayres29 Posted February 12, 2011 Report Posted February 12, 2011 i dont know how much they have the 0 ga stinger pro for they dont have a price listed Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
Boon Posted February 13, 2011 Report Posted February 13, 2011 What's even more fun... when some smartass kid comes into your shop with all their internet blah-blah and you just shut them down, really nicely though... Do you guys use a scope for tuning gains? Yup. A Fluke. Only if you ask us to though. Oh. Got a termlab? Yeah. Bring your car in, I'll termlab it for free. What do you think about Stetsom? Great amps. I've got a couple. How about Fi subs? Mhmm. Want some? We can get you AA too. Or DD. Or DC if you ask real nicely. 10.x volts fo' life!
bigmescan Posted February 13, 2011 Report Posted February 13, 2011 What's even more fun... when some smartass kid comes into your shop with all their internet blah-blah and you just shut them down, really nicely though... Do you guys use a scope for tuning gains? Yup. A Fluke. Only if you ask us to though. Oh. Got a termlab? Yeah. Bring your car in, I'll termlab it for free. What do you think about Stetsom? Great amps. I've got a couple. How about Fi subs? Mhmm. Want some? We can get you AA too. Or DD. Or DC if you ask real nicely. And those shops are few and an oddity but they are out there. I will never disrespect any small business owner and if you know they suck don't go there. If they are doing some stupid shit on purpose it will come back to haunt them just my opinion though SONY XAV-701HDRF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd 3 Sundown x8's d22004 f150 single cab2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)stock batt up fronBIG 3http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74
photochrisb931 Posted February 13, 2011 Report Posted February 13, 2011 I have respect for my local shop. I have dealt with the local dealer for about 20 years. Yes I can find prices cheaper on the net for their main house items which are JL, Memphis, Focal, and Zapco. The ability to take items back for warranty or service work and have them deal with it is a headache remover. On to the next item. They will get items that they do not actually stock. I can go in and ask them to get me Treo, Arc, RE, or German Maestro with no problem and really not much mark up. I respect their pricing because it is their pricing and they are a locally owned business. The taxes these guys pay stay in my community. If they were pricks, I would not deal with them but these are good guys with a passion for car audio and the owner is an active participant in the community. I do wish the guys would stock more small house product but they are there to make money and the majority of their customers want what they hear is hot and that means bigger named products. It would be nice to go up there and hear some DC level 4's just beating a guys car to pieces but i understand why they don't stock that. I have seen the POS shops but they tend to not last very long in my area. The owner of this shop has been slinging audio product in this town for about 25 years and went from being a salesman, installer for another shop to owning his own, so he has done something right to gain loyalty from his customers. Just my two cents defending good people with good businesses. Barstad
Rainman215 Posted February 13, 2011 Report Posted February 13, 2011 I support local shops. Yeah you can buy damn near everything online for cheaper but for those rare occasions you need to buy local... They will remember who was a dick to them. Smh most of you guys act like because you know about DC or sundown or something that you are badass mothafuckin car audio bros. I'm sure the ones talking shit about shops not carrying it are the ones who just got on like a year ago. Don't wonder why there is no shows or support for car audio in your area either. Back to sleep lol. My 02 Accord Wall Build 2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500 Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R
bassl0va Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 What's even more fun... when some smartass kid comes into your shop with all their internet blah-blah and you just shut them down, really nicely though... Do you guys use a scope for tuning gains? Yup. A Fluke. Only if you ask us to though. Oh. Got a termlab? Yeah. Bring your car in, I'll termlab it for free. What do you think about Stetsom? Great amps. I've got a couple. How about Fi subs? Mhmm. Want some? We can get you AA too. Or DD. Or DC if you ask real nicely. This isn't me is it? haha My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.