My Civic Build 2 Fi 15" Bl's On 2 Sundown Saz 1500d's

Well guys. I have been talking alot and no action, but starting tonight I am cracking down. I am warning you this build may take months or it may take year, but It starts tonight. I have decided what I am going to do and I am sticking to it..Here is my plan..

My Build will consist of for subs 2 FI BL 15's with Cooling, Flatwind, Universal Motor set up for Daily Driving.

My amp will be a American Bass VFL 150.1 the older design.

I am walling the car off. It all came to me this afternoon while I was looking at my rather Haggerd box..I will build another box just like this one and put the subs firing at one another and have the ports up top facing my windshield. Now keep in mind everything will be done in Grey carpet, boxes and face board. So don't pay any mind to the picture I am about to show you..This is my first box.

It looks terrible now but when I get done it will look nice. Ok..I will have these 2 boxes facing each other with a MDF Top, Back, and Bottom. All in Grey carpet. I hope to be able to get my other box built real soon..In the next 2 weeks. Just need another sheet of Mdf. I hope it sounds and looks good when it is all done. My wife is going to help me with the carpet on the boxes cause she wraps boxes at Christmas time so that will be her job in this build..Ha Ha

Tonight I took a picture of my new Kenwood complements of SPLGEO. I am mocking up the little panels I am going to put around my Epic 160..I did them in Cardboard as you can see. I am going to have to add about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch to the side panels cause I cut to much off. The panels will be trimmed in Black Vinyl??? That is if I can find some around this crappy town. Still looking.

Posted Image

I will add pictures as I go along. If I don't update for awhile don't worry I just don't have any cash to drop, but I will post every once in awhile to atleast let yall know what I am doing.. Well thanks for looking an also I hope ya'll took time out to think about all those people that were lost 6 yrs ago today. Some people want to forget about 9/11..Don't ever forget cause there were a bunch of good people lost that day.

Somebody else tell me what you think..I didn't think that it would really matter..Anyone else?? Similar design to Chicken's Caddy build Mr. Meade is doing..Not quality wise by no means, but those subs are firing at one another and the ports are facing the front.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the panel for the Epic, just been so busy with the kids and wife haven't had a chance to post it up here yet..Like a Noobie I am when I started the panel I was stapling the panel, well my staple's were to long so at the corners on the top panel the staple came through so I have 2 dimples I have to pull the material off of those should come out. Anyway, still couldn't find any Vinyl so I ended up buying Leather. Glued the material on the back after I figured out my staples were to long. Here is the end result. Sorry for the poor quality I had to hurry before my camera fogged up with our 100% humidity...

Posted Image

Ok..I have come to a decision about what box I am gonna build for this civic wall..Here is a Google sketch of it..I figure 2 sheets of 3/4 Mdf will be enough..Will brace it as well...Ok..Here is the real part..I have never tuned an enclosure with this type of port in it..I need 8 cu ft of internal volume and would like it tuned to around 30hz-32hz..This is what I want it to look like...

If someone can give me some pointers on tuning something like this I would appreciate..I am gonna keep reading an research untill I find out for sure..I am just gonna ditch the old box and start fresh...But this is the goal now.

cool never seen u build b4, me likey

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Well HOPEFULLY when tommorow afternoon gets here, Paypal will have a nice surprise for me..The next picture I post will be this FI 15" BL's twin brother..Suppose to get my money for another 15 tommorow..I will be ordering soon..Hopefully Saturday..Oh yeah..It is moving along..Punkrok this is my first real build where I will try and do the box myself cuts and all..I'm 31 yrs old and have always had other guys help me build,,CUTTING to be more specific..I can't cut real straight, but I can screw like no ones business so..This time..Its all on me...I get the speaker in, my amp gets back from being fixed..I will start the box build..That will take me a few days..But I am not stopping untill I have 2 15's walled up in my Civic..

Posted Image

kick ass mang. 2 15 fi's walled in a civic. now thats what i like to hear.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Archived