Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

only thing wrong IMO with the AC mic was the fact you would never get the same score on 2 different mics in two days. One day i would be in sac doin a 155 then a 149 at a show the next day. Then a week later with no adjustment on my system at all i do a 159.....

to me i have no problem with the score being higher thena TL but it should be consistant. A TL at least should be close from mic to mic from city to city.....even if it does break hearts at least its consistant.


All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

 

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
 

 

 

Posted

only thing wrong IMO with the AC mic was the fact you would never get the same score on 2 different mics in two days. One day i would be in sac doin a 155 then a 149 at a show the next day. Then a week later with no adjustment on my system at all i do a 159.....

to me i have no problem with the score being higher thena TL but it should be consistant. A TL at least should be close from mic to mic from city to city.....even if it does break hearts at least its consistant.

I see where you're comin from and I agree it should be consistent, but I don't think it's the A/C mic itself, it's the nature of THE ONES THE COMP GUYS use, i.e w/ sensitivity adjustment. The A/C 160, 180. and 190 (i think on the 190 not pos) have sensitivity adjustments to help "zero" the mic based on ambient noise, temp and other variables.

If the COMP organizers would either learn how to zero em in a "standard" "weighted" way, I don't think you would see that much variation, not to mention that we have all seen TONNS of combos of diff mics w/ diff sensors and diff programs/reciever hardware, i.e. mix matched parts and even using the RTA in place of the spl mic and other variations.

The NICE thing about the TL is as long as you have the REAL deal, there's no "adjustment" that I'm aware of. It's pre-calibrated and stays that way (I don't know if it's succeptable to other variances?)

I'm all for any mic that is consistent accross the board, as thats the most fair way, it just seems like a mic like on an epic that has no adjustments should be valid once you know how it compares to the TL equivalent.

I know it kinda pisses me off when I get swap gear havin goof balls in my shop talking bout how they can pull a 155 on some radio shack special "boom stick" or DMM w/ DB reader, so I'd imagine that's how you'd view an A/C mic vs. the TL. My epic reads the same from day to day/song to song w/ my system so I would trust it as a baseline, but still know my TL score is -5db or so.

COOGLE SAID:"bro thats how we got where we are... buy making messes ...... i still learn all the time you just gota be willing to ruck up some shit" "In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd." ~ Miguel de Unamuno"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men, but no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man" -Elbert Hubbard"A proud man can learn humility...but he will be proud of that too" ~I forget who.I'm far from perfect and I know it better than anyone, but I hope to be good at what I do, when I do it...Installs I've done:My Integra: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3161The Lexus : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1535Law's Maxima: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5568&hl=Jeff's 2500HD: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5382&hl=Acura RSX-S: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3142Z-32 300zx: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=34602004 Civic 4dr: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=8190Trunk/Corner Box: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=16036&hl=1969 Chevy C-10: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=20319&hl=Seat-Back AMP-RACK How-to: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=9428&hl=Bunch of subs still for salehttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...l=lsn2meboom916"It's game night...we're playin......sex."~Quagmire"When disneyland started it was powered completely by orphan children running on treadmills to generate e-lectrissty…and today, them children are New York Yankees". ~Dale Gribble"Fill it with ice...then pour it up to the top of the ice...& Shut da Fu** up!" ~Urs truly.

Posted

Kind of off topic, but I was watching 'loudest animals' on discovery last night. The sperm whale has been considered one of the loudest- it stuns its prey with sound, but theres a little shrimp that kills fish and other shrimp from over 4 feet (may have been 6) with sound from its claw?!

That's hard to believe, but they showed it. killing stuff with sound = loud imo :)

"I know it kinda pisses me off when I get swap gear havin goof balls in my shop talking bout how they can pull a 155 on some radio shack special "boom stick" or DMM w/ DB reader, so I'd imagine that's how you'd view an A/C mic vs. the TL"

That really irritates me. I have a friend who's very into the audio scene, but somehow he doesn't know very much. He told me he was hitting high 150s with his two 10s off a concept 500w amp in his truck... I asked him to listen to my subs and tell me what I'm doing wrong! :)

He sat in there and told me 'no, your in the 170s atleast', and he WOULD NOT believe me that I was much much lower than that, and that he was definitely not in the 150s. :angry:

I found out where he had been metered, and it was some old meter I don't even know the make of. A good standard makes discussing things sooo much easier than when people have a skewed perception of what 'loud' is. This guy goes around telling people he's hitting in the 150s, so people say- well hes doing the same thing with MUCH less equipment... it makes me wish shops around here would dump the old mics, at least ONE of them could get a t/l :( . /rant

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Posted

i farted a 193 before

lol... u crazy homie......

I no longer live by tha sword, I'm living tha good life cuz I live it for the Lord. God is good, all tha time...

Posted

I have set in a 167.3 at 61hertz legal on TL and a 169.9 at 79hertz. The 67.3 was alot more painfull.

Damn! thats amazing. what did it feel like, i know it was a high freq but it still had to feel wierd

DD M4


Rockford Fosgate P500-4


SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap


2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S


XS Power D3400 Under Hood


XS Power D5100 in rear


Michael Singer 200A Alt


Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4744 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...