Sonic Electronix

I am an "elitist SQ snob" I just happen to hate all of the classifications and the need to have your stereo "fit" a certain one

:orly3:

Not directed at you, but I find it funny that only the SQ guys tend to hate on the big bass installs.

Most bassheads can appreciate all music and could give a shit. Both take skill to do it right - to each their own.

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

If it wasn't for you today Lance, I wouldn't of made this thread.

So anybody complaining, blame Lance.

Actually, I am very impressed this thread was pretty civil. Nice job fellas.

So, it is possible to have this discussion without some elitist SQ snob jumping in and showing his E penis? lol

@General, your Volvo looks really nice. Good job man.

I have personally made up my mind to add some HLCD horns in my install. I believe it would be very possible to achieve a nice wide and centered sound stage even at the levels my Yukon is capable of playing (150+). Right now, I feel the tweeter in my set up is the weak link and believe some horns will certainly help. Maybe add a tweeter up in the A pillar and aim at the rear view mirror playing only the really high frequencies to raise it if needed. My truck has always been hard to get the sound stage up above middle of the dash about radio level even with my Dynaudio and a more modest sub stage.

I really hope this topic can stay the course.

I would really like to see that with the hlcd's. I played with some wave guided hlcd's under the dash of a probe doing mid 50's. You coud always hear them but it was really hard to bring the true mids up to volume. Loud ass sub stage loud as highs/ high mids. But the mids were always in the background somehow. Hard setup to tune but would be worth it if you got it done right. I'm not much of an expert tuner though so you should have more luck in a truck than my little dinky car. I wanna see it though. Dont see enough of those bad boys out there. In my opinion go wave guided

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

@General, your Volvo looks really nice. Good job man.

Thanx man, but this isn't about the looks of the car...

This is about the ultimate comming together of SoundQuality & SoundPressureLevel!

98% of the postings in this thread are saying it can't be done...

But, as you can see IT CAN!

Like i said, i was European Champion SQ (expererienced 5 channel) AND Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourgh Vice-Champion dBdrag (street-A) back in 2007.

We tried to do this achievement again in 2010 with our tiny Trabant (also somewhere on this forum) but due to a small defect in one of the amplifiers we didn't managed.

(1st place at National Championship with SoundQuality/MultiMedia - 3th at European Championship with SoundQuality/MultiMedia and 3th place at National SPL league)

But... maybe next year! ;)

By the way, sad to see that SQ and SPL can't life together in the States...

:(

generalbunkersignature2.jpg

______Some people and performances are beyond words______

Chairman of the foundation "Propper-Droppers Holland" 2012

Founder of the European delegation of `Propper-Droppers' 2011

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ MultiMedia advanced 2010

European Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

BeNeLux vice Champion dB-drag street-A 2007

Dutch vice Champion dB-drag ministreet-sedan 2004

Propper Droppers is about deep, ground wobbling, elephant-and-whale stimulating Street Bass.

The deep stuff. We test at different frequencies from deep, to low to snake’s belly. (Like 20Hz anyone?)

I thought the objective of SQ was to achieve a concert like arrangement where it sounded like the music is coming from in front of you instead of around you so to speak??

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

^ if you want good TRUE SQ be prepared to drop about 5k at least

you dont need to spend that much. I believe I have a pretty good SQ setup, gets me 1st place in my class. I think I have the second highest score in meca modified. I didnt spend that much. sub stage and electrical not included. that could have been 1/8th the price lol.

mids - $100

midbass - $180

tweeters - $150

MS-8 - $500

mrp250 - $80

pdx150.4 - $300 (i forget how much that cost)

so thats $1310, give or take. dont remember exactly what I spent. but its a long way off from $5000. and it gets over 150db. I would call that SQL lol, the best of both worlds.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I thought the objective of SQ was to achieve a concert like arrangement where it sounded like the music is coming from in front of you instead of around you so to speak??

correct

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

[quote name=dwright27' date='21 February 2011 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1298281448'

post='1408466]

I thought the objective of SQ was to achieve a concert like arrangement where it sounded like the music is

coming from in front of you instead of around you so to speak??

correct

No matter if you spent $500 or $5000??

I've only heard one or 2 Sq cars, and honestly hated the flat response. Flat just isn't pleasing to me.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

[quote name=dwright27' date='21 February 2011 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1298281448'

post='1408466]

I thought the objective of SQ was to achieve a concert like arrangement where it sounded like the music is

coming from in front of you instead of around you so to speak??

correct

No matter if you spent $500 or $5000??

I've only heard one or 2 Sq cars, and honestly hated the flat response. Flat just isn't pleasing to me.

the flat response kind of depends on the area you live in. the judges out here like something more "in your face" and lively. some areas they like flat response. european speakers are made to be more flat.

the bright side of the MS-8 is you can save EQ settings. so one can be for a flat response and one can be what you like to listen to daily.

SQ and SPL don't go together.

They are opposites.

SQ=not only having a "concert stage" feeling, but also a correct reproduction of the music, exactly the way it's recorded not how you like it.

perfectly balanced lows/mids/highs and everything in between, you should be able to hear what kind of strings someone uses on their guitar.

SPL= creating the highest pressure possible on a certain spot in the "vehicle".

CnL= is a good definition, clean and loud.

SQ installs can get "loud", but they won't sound as loud to your ears as lower quality mids/highs. :peepwall:

EDIT:Wenn_du_weinst: if you are a "elitist SQ snob" why do i see you use SPL subs, like (DD's) or shocker sig?

(i'm just asking)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived