Sonic Electronix

what would happen if you took a DVC sub and hooked one coil up to one channel and hooked the other coil up to another channel and wired the coils out of phase? if i had a trash dvc i would do it just to see what would happen but i dont so i thought i would ask.

So you mean have one coil "push" and one coil "pull" at the same time? Would probably not move much since they are canceling each other out and burn up the coils, and that's if the amp doesn't go into protect first. That's just my theroy tho, and am curious myself now! Haha

thats what im saying im really curious as to what would happen lol, i might buy a cheap paper cone dvc to test it out haha

the world would spin backwards and pudding would be come our new currency....

that would be messy.

but very tasty.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

Assuming the channels (and the coils for that matter) were perfectly matched? The sub wouldn't move. Depending how much power you gave it it would either sit there and do nothing or eventually get hot and smoke. Real world says there would be slight difference between the coils so the sub would just play very very quietly, unless you had enough power to cook it.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I don't know what phase is, but would it be any difference if you were to take a 2channel amp, with a dual voice coil sub, and put the left (-)(+) on one coil and right (-)(+) on the other, what would happen.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

You will pull alot of current, amp might pop fuse, if left alone.. It will burn the coil.

Been there.. Done that

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz