Sundown Audio

i need TUBE amp input

check out what I found. no idea if it works or now but i was wondering if anyone knows anything about tube amps and could teach me about this one. if it does work im going to use it, not sell it. if it doesnt work... well if its a tube then it'll cost too much to fix. aren't tubes over $1000?

P1030754.jpg

P1030755.jpg

P1030756.jpg

P1030757.jpg

P1030758.jpg

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

any help on this guy?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

You're asking about gear that is most likely older then most of us on here. I would drop on over to a tube amps forums and do some poking around. I know back in the day that you could achieve a different sound based on the type, or brand tube you were using.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Nooooo idea man, lol. But it looks cool! Where'd you find it?

look at my recent topics and you'll get an idea.

You're asking about gear that is most likely older then most of us on here. I would drop on over to a tube amps forums and do some poking around. I know back in the day that you could achieve a different sound based on the type, or brand tube you were using.

well you old farts keep talking about how old you are and us dang kids. thought you would know something useful.

:drinks:

dont forget your tube warm up time before getting any sound out of her

that is good to know. i might have assumed it broken while it warms up. and guess on time?

my O-scope looks like it is just as old. Tubes are neat. Olds school but it works. Good luck

they are supposed to sound better. we will see.

those tubes look WELL used. the grids look to be in OK shape (at least on the pre-amp that I can see). I know a few guys who can take a look at it. Tubes CAN run into the thousands, but not for that...looking maybe $15 each

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

most amplifier tubes are $20 to $50 these days. just pull the old ones and do a google search for the model type on em.

Your local guitar center (or similar store) may have a way to test tubes to see if they're any good. Just call them up and tell them what you got and tell them you want to give the tubes a test to try and get the thing working.

those tubes look WELL used. the grids look to be in OK shape (at least on the pre-amp that I can see). I know a few guys who can take a look at it. Tubes CAN run into the thousands, but not for that...looking maybe $15 each

do they? is it just because of the color? i mean these were next to his wood shop and EVERYTHING is covered in a layer of grime. i had assumed thats what all the dark color on them was but i dont know what to look for in a tube lol. the little guy on top of the amp is a reverberator. its missing a knob because he relocated it in some cabinet. probably wont be used.

glad to hear tubes can be cheap.

most amplifier tubes are $20 to $50 these days. just pull the old ones and do a google search for the model type on em.

Your local guitar center (or similar store) may have a way to test tubes to see if they're any good. Just call them up and tell them what you got and tell them you want to give the tubes a test to try and get the thing working.

i think I know where one is. ill check in to that, thanks.