MECA California suggestions/comments thread

atsaubrey

Ok.

Just check my crx.

Im wayyy over..lol

My box is 26 deep..lol

Guess ill just fire forward till I figure out a new design

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

wow i see some people whining about rules because they have one of the easiest cars to get loud and are still playing around in 146 land...terrible to try to accuse others of cheating due to ones own inability.

and another accusing people of cheating when they have no idea how to setup thier system so that they arent burning coils in a humongous wall that cant even break a 50....what a freekin joke.

Anyhow...any of you are free to look over Rays, Mine or Ryans builds even if your not a judge, just so we can be sure there's no cheating going on.

We are all very approachable, if you think somethings up...call us on it at the time not after all is said and done where nothing can be verified either way.

LMAO

It looks like you knew what I was talking about when I mentioned a broken rule with a HUGE impact didn't you. I'm just gonna keep it at that....for now.

And I'm burning coils? Nope not me, I'll show you the coil when I take it out and it'll be the cleanest coils you've seen except for the side that is RUBBING. So if you think about it, one sub is putting up my scores. And that sub is getting 2500rms, before rise, and since the other sub is technically not functional, the sub that IS working is in a box that is way too big for it.

So next time you want to come at me get some background info so it won't be this easy to reply.

whats that rule, sorry im not seeing a rule thats been broken still...please clarify

from what ive seen there was something about 16v, which doesnt apply to us, then the horseshit alternator accusation which is exactly that. The 26" rule dont really apply to anyone at all considering nobody knew anything about it. Why keep it at that if you assume theres more get it out there rather then leave stuff in the dark to fester up.

If theres something you think is wrong speak up it doesnt help anyone at all to just sit there any point random fingers.

You're rule was never mentioned. But we're leaving this thread alone now. See you at the Forbidden Tattoo show.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Damn a bunch of snitchin and bitchin going on.....

If you think you are not legal or dont know the rules ask! I know i am about a few things at the fresno show.

If you think someone might be doing wron ask them if they need help to fix the issue or if the know.

If i saw a noob and he needed help i would help, even if that noob hands my ass to me and is in my class i would still help, why? Cause i love this sport amd i want to make sure it keeps going, people that bitch amd whine the whole time make me wanna quit -.-

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

how bout changing the fuse rule to power at 4 ohm , cause if i was a new guy and someone told me to put a smaller fuse in , it would make question the shop that installed my stuff or that my amp is not what it says , when all the shops are doing is doing what the amp calls for and protects them on the warrenty side of things

Team SSBTeam SoundStreamTeam Tsunamiteam ohio generator

Hav you tried to do a 1 ohm burp till the fuse popped?

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

how bout changing the fuse rule to power at 4 ohm , cause if i was a new guy and someone told me to put a smaller fuse in , it would make question the shop that installed my stuff or that my amp is not what it says , when all the shops are doing is doing what the amp calls for and protects them on the warrenty side of things

how does a smaller fuse defeat a warrinty? how does a smaller fuse hurt the amp? it does not

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

there is already an organization who looks at power at 4ohm. there are also a lot of cheater amps for that.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I know it is hard to go from dB Drag to MECA. It almost feels as if you are taking a step backwards putting fusing back in. Lowering fusing seems almost dumb founded.

Here are some of the plus of the fusing:

1.) $$$ isn't god, $2000 amp and a $200 amp are now in the same class because of the fuses

2.) if fused properly that will blow before your amp, lowering the fusing will not damage the amp. You may lose maximum output but, it put it regulates everything well.

3.) changing a fuse is a lot easier to move out of a class, than changing an entire build.

the down side:

1.) your fuses have to be accesible. (not necessarily a bad thing but, for some builds it can be an issue).

2.) most shops will put fuses in to optimize the output of the amp therefore may end up with 100, 200 and sometimes 300 amp fuses and breakers.

I realize your situation bro and I can only hope you can move the fuses some where more accesible when you tear into your system because, I know you will tear into eventually. It is a fun format once you get into it and I strongly believe your vehicle can have some serious potential in MECA across all five classes.

Alpine I wish you would tell the whole truth about the fuses! Here is the whole story and nuthing but what occured! Because my fuse block inhibits viewing of the stamp on the fuse I showed him the block was empty and then showed alpine 3 different fuses still sealed in their packaging! I ask if I would be alowed to run a certian fuse because it was still sealed in an untampered package. I let him make the choice of fuses not me. After he made the appropriate choice by allowing me to run only the fuse which had the stamp in the steel fuse. The fuse in question was a Durite fuse which I believe fits within the rule standards of blow rating but is not stamped. Fuses type and brand are one of the most important pieces when a person is trying to get into lower classes. It seems everyone wants to dog me for saying anything but I assume the position as the team spokesman therefore I am speaking for 12 individuals most of the time. I believe this is best if you think I'm passionate some of our other members are so vocal they would get kicked out of meca for sure. Now about the other stuff concerning my car.

1. Since when are speaker grills considered required?

2. I will concede I should have had my glove box in.

3. A false floor should not to be construed as a part of the enclosure if it is please post the section where I can learn something too.

I'm still in search of the perfect fuse and most likely ask before I put one in my fuse block,

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Archived